M4 Help: Unable to remove Stock Retaining plate

Dr Or

Hey there,

Sorry for the Rookie questions ... but in an effort to install a single point sling plate ... I was in the process to removing the stock (One piece) M4 stock ...

I was able to remove both the Recoil pad and the stock retaining nut ... but am unable to remove (Much reach) the stock retaining plate ..

Any suggestions ?? I tried to pull it off with my fingers / To use a rubber mallet to vibrate it off. I was hoping to do as little damage as possible.

Thank you for your time and insight,

Or

Guest logic25513

Though i have a little knowledge how to remove but I doubt it. What can I say it look on the youtube.com and this site paretologic.com or please ring a call for a technician. So that, your worries about will not prolong. Allow them to teach you and ask some advice or tip so by the time, it happen again you can fixed it anytime.:):eek

Edited by logic25513

Hey there,

Sorry for the Rookie questions ... but in an effort to install a single point sling plate ... I was in the process to removing the stock (One piece) M4 stock ...

I was able to remove both the Recoil pad and the stock retaining nut ... but am unable to remove (Much reach) the stock retaining plate ..

Any suggestions ?? I tried to pull it off with my fingers / To use a rubber mallet to vibrate it off. I was hoping to do as little damage as possible.

Thank you for your time and insight,

Or

Not quite sure of what you are trying to put on but here are some threads on how to remove the stock:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12550

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15307

I believe what you call the stock retainin plate is the piece of metal that the sling loops through? If that is what you mean, then you don't need to take that off. I think it has locktite on it or some other thread locker (been there, done that). Just take the barrel off, remove the bolt and carrier, pop the pin that holds the trigger housing and then twist the stock off. HTH

That sling plate is in the center of two molded pieces (the stock) is molded over the screw and sling plate, it cannot be removed with out destroying the stock, and once you destroy the the stock there is no way to get it back in with out falling out. The stock being molded around the screw and sling plate is what keep it from falling out or moving. Trust me i destroyed a stock trying to figure it out .

Edited by heckler&kochp2000