And the wait begins..................

KB Fab

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which product is that KB Fab? The Pro-mag kit with the forend or did you just buy a clearly US Made stock? I think it is appearing that the Pro-Mag unit may be of a somewhat dubious origin which MIGHT kinda stink.

I put the OEM C-stock on this one. I have them on both my M4's now. I have had this one waiting for the shorty to come in for almost a year now. If I didn't already have it, I would be springing for the ProMag unit.

Build includes:

OEM C-Stock

CarrierComp short ti tube

CarrierComp follower

CarrierComp rail

CarrierComp Gen II Ti/A2 charging handle

Geisselle hammer

That is amazing. Can I ask what the short Ti tube adds? Any additional shots or is it a weight reduction (or both)? Was the initial 15mo wait just for the M4 to get to the dealer and then the other 9mo for the clearance? Really amazing looking weapon system you have there.

That is amazing. Can I ask what the short Ti tube adds? Any additional shots or is it a weight reduction (or both)? Was the initial 15mo wait just for the M4 to get to the dealer and then the other 9mo for the clearance? Really amazing looking weapon system you have there.

Ti tube is just for weight reduction and corrosion protection. It weighs about half of what the steel tube does. The 15 months was for Impact Guns to get it from Beretta Defense. It took about 2 months for the Class III dealer to dealer transfer and then about 7 months from the time I sent my paperwork in to get my stamp.

Ok.....had a chance to put 50 rounds through the shorty yesterday. I used some fairly warm 2 3/4" high brass hand loads and had zero malfunctions. The gun ran like a champ. That said, there is significantly more recoil with the 14" barrel as opposed to my other one with the 18.5" barrel. The barrel length and extra mass made more difference than I would have thought. I still like it.:cool:

Edited by KB Fab