Benelli M4: Bought the GG&G side sling loop...help!!

Mr. Shotgun

Hello guys, I just go the GG&G M4 side sling adapter plate loop. It goes in between the stock and the receiver, and I have having trouble installing it. I reviewed the instructions and I dont understand a few things. They say to remove the recoil pad with a #2 philips screwdriver, but I am not sure how to go about doing it....

Has anyone done this mod??

http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=327&parents=60,63

Hey there,

I just installed a single point attachment (By KZ) ... but I assume the steps are similar ...

Once you have the stock removed .. Remove trigger assembly and unscrew counterclockwise ... you should be able to simply slip the mount on an reattach all parts ...

Could you specify more clearly what the problem is ??

Good Luck,

Dr Or

Removing the recoil pad doesn't make sense. It looks like it would just slide onto the recoil tube from the bottom and then screw the stock back on.

If you have to remove the recoil pad for some reason, it's easy ... stick a screwdriver through the two holes in the pad and unscrew it.

Hey there,

I just installed a single point attachment (By KZ) ... but I assume the steps are similar ...

Once you have the stock removed .. Remove trigger assembly and unscrew counterclockwise ... you should be able to simply slip the mount on an reattach all parts ...

Could you specify more clearly what the problem is ??

Good Luck,

Dr Or

I just wish the instructions came with pictures illustrating each step of the install.

Removing the recoil pad doesn't make sense. It looks like it would just slide onto the recoil tube from the bottom and then screw the stock back on.

If you have to remove the recoil pad for some reason, it's easy ... stick a screwdriver through the two holes in the pad and unscrew it.

Thats the thing I am scared about, how the heck do I get a screwdriver thru two tiny little holes on the recoil pad without marring the rubber??

I was wondering, sicne I was looking down the hole running thru the stock I saw something like a pointed rod which might serve as an alignment guide for the stock. Or maybe its supposed to rest against the back of the recoil spring tube to prevent the recoil spring from shooting out the back, I dont know????

Can the M4 theoretically fire with out the stock on safely??

For the rubber butt pad, it's kind of like anal sex, you don't think it will fit in there... but it does.

I can't see a reason for you needing to remove the butt pad. You should just unscrew the stock from the receiver, slip the sling mount up the receiver extension, then screw the stock back into place.

An excellent ANALogy, my dear sir.

I also thought of this similarity at one time when I forced my way into the rear buttpad and screwed off the rubber.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

You missing the fact that the only way to remove the fixed stock from the M4 is thru aft end of the stock. :) And that requires removing the butt plate. I'm betting the telestock is different. I just got the stock off and it does indeed just unscrew. The stock bolt, though has to be adjusted and that's accessed thru the aft end.

Still not done mine. I'm blaming the end of DST for after work laziness...

Since the mount loop isn't large enough for HK-type hooks I need to find a sling with a short, detachable fabric attachment for at the mount. Vickers Victory will work; the padded model will be more comfortable based on the weight of this shotgun.

Standard M4 front sling mount will take a 1.25" sling, but the mount on the stock will only take 1". The GGG mount will take 1.25" slings.

-- Chuck

Edited by chuck_s

I still don't understand why you have to unscrew the buttpad from the stock to install this. Looks like you just unscrew the stock, slip the mount over the receiver extension. Screw the stock back into place.

What am I missing?

By doing this you are allowing the stock to have more thread of you will to screw into the receiver tube. since you are losing about 1-2mm of space already by putting the sling mount on, the idea is to have the stock screwed on snug and tight so that it wont fall or break off the gun if you happen to drop it...

For that loop, I'd recommend one of two options. Either Original SOE (a 1" sling) or Blue Force Gear (a 1.25" sling). Both are excellent slings. I prefer the Original SOE bungee sling, though I also own a few Blue Force Gear slings. Anyway, here are the respective attachment points that you would use. I've included links which will also lead you to the actual slings that will work with these adapters. Just be sure not to mix and match the two brands (they won't work with each other).

Original SOE

standard.jpg

http://originalsoegear.com/standard.html

Blue Force Gear

loop_strap_CB03@3001.jpg

http://blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=5&prod_id=76

See my correction at the top of the page. (The stock does twist off.) :o

I gave up fitting this part this afternoon as I need a deep 13mm socket. Off to the hardware store tomorrow.

I've had trouble getting the trigger group back in all three times I've had it out. Any tips?

I use the SOE bungee shing with my M4 Carbine. Has HK hooks, but these won't fit either the GGG or stock rear mounts. I prefer a two point sling but the SOE allows the flexibility of making it a single point.

-- Chuck

Edited by chuck_s

I'm happy to report the GG&G side sling loop is now on my M4 Shotgun (I knew you'd be worried! :cool: )

The stock bolt was heavily blue-Locktited (if that's a verb) and took a lot of torque to get off with the deep 13mm socket.

Also happy to report the trigger group almost drops in with the extra space from the sling loop.

Waiting for sling parts.

-- Chuck