Light Loads in my SBE II

DMWOR

I want to shoot light loads in my SBE II. In previous posts people have said that there are aftermarket springs available that will allow for this, but, Benelli will only support the gun in its factory configuration." What are some names of corporations or websites that make these aftermarket springs. I would like to buy a spring that will accommodate lighter loads than 1 1/8 ounce load and 3 dram.

The lightest load I have ever tried are the "Remington Shurshot Heavy dove Loads which are 1 1/8 ounce load and 3 1/4 dram. My SBE II shoots perfect with these loads. My son has about 10 cases of 'Winchested Upland Game loads that he got cheep. These shells are 1 ounce loads and 3 1/4 dram. I would like to use these cheep loads, but I have never tried them. I was under the impression that my SBE II would jam if I tried them, but maybe I should try them out and see.

try them it might like them? Never know what it might spit out but thinking they will not cycle is probably not the best indicator! The SBEII was probably not designed to shoot them but it will not hurt nothing if ya try! that was my excuse for getting a Browning Citori Satin Lightning and it works for me!:p

These shells are 1 ounce loads and 3 1/4 dram. I would like to use these cheep loads, but I have never tried them. I was under the impression that my SBE II would jam if I tried them, but maybe I should try them out and see.

Definitely try them out. My M2 does 1oz 2 3/4 dram without any issues when trapping/skeeting. Though as the others have mentioned I would put a bit of oil on the rails, etc if you haven't been shooting it a lot before.