Loading the M2

Hobbs

It may be just me and because I have never owned a Benelli (glad to say i do now). The loading instructions in the manual seem to be confusing with the idea that anyone would want to pull the bolt back and without it in the locked open position try to feed in a shell to the chamber with the other hand all while trying to hold the gun safely. Can't I just do the following and make it much simpler?

1. Press the small silver lever on receiver

2. Pull the bolt back until it locks in the open position

3. Place a shell in the receiver/chamber

4. close bolt by pushing round button on side of receiver

5. Load 2 more shells into the magazine

Would this process allow for proper cycling of all 3 shells when fired?

Thanks

I had the same issue with my SBE2, I read the instruction book and just starred blankly at it trying to understand it. Never did, its not logical the way they say to do it. Anyways, I have had no issues with loading my SBE2 just the way you mentioned. The same way I have loaded any shotgun I have shot before.

It may be just me and because I have never owned a Benelli (glad to say i do now). The loading instructions in the manual seem to be confusing with the idea that anyone would want to pull the bolt back and without it in the locked open position try to feed in a shell to the chamber with the other hand all while trying to hold the gun safely.

Notice in the manual they say to load the magazine first, I would imagine this is to avoid telling you to put a round in the chamber and then continue to load it. Depending on how big of a safety stickler you are you might consider that to be "dangerous".

As everyone else said, I load it the way you described, have loaded every shotgun I have shot that way, never killed anyone yet...