Sidearmor rail

Super33

Looking through the ghost rings I noticed my new sidearmor rail is not what it should be. It is actually crooked! Yes, crooked. I tried to adjust it the best I could to straighten it but nope. Took it off and cleaned the receiver and bottom of the rail the best I could and nope. It's crooked. Fortunately for me I'm not mounting any optics and I don't plan to in the near future but I paid pretty good money for this thing and being the perfectionist that I am this is unacceptable. I just noticed this and I haven't notified sidearmor yet. Just wondering if any other members here with sidearmor rail had the same luck...

crooked in which direction?

Looking through the sights the forward end of the rail (closer to the barrel) appears to twist counter clockwise. When I look over the sights its noticeably not aligned with the barrel. I'll look into it closer today and remove the rail to inspect the gun and rail separately.

I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you're using a long magnified optic, any variance probably isn't going to transfer into the optic. Should be good to dial your red dot in and drive on. It's just exaggerated as you look down the rail. Is it the short rail or the long rail which runs the entire length of the shotgun?

I think we all know though that if CarrierComp had made it, it would have been straight. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With all the sidearmor stuff coming up lately I remembered about this thread. When I was looking through the sights the rail appeared crooked. This was because of where I was sitting and where the lamp was. It made shadows and created the illusion of a crooked rail. It never occurred to me to sit somewhere else or try different lighting. The next day I sat in the same spot (yes, it's my favorite spot) and looked through the sights again. All appeared normal. I was looking through it at different times throughout the day scratching my head. I didn't add 2+2 until that night when I was in my favorite spot with my favorite gun (again) and noticed the illusion again because the lamp was on. So I turned off the lamp and looked again and all was normal.

I had to locate this thread and recant my statement about the sidearmor rail. I would have done so sooner but I forgot about this thread. The sidearmor rules and mine is perfect. :)

I did however get rid of the lamp for creating illusions. I can't have that, it is unacceptable.

With all the sidearmor stuff coming up lately I remembered about this thread. When I was looking through the sights the rail appeared crooked. This was because of where I was sitting and where the lamp was. It made shadows and created the illusion of a crooked rail. It never occurred to me to sit somewhere else or try different lighting. The next day I sat in the same spot (yes, it's my favorite spot) and looked through the sights again. All appeared normal. I was looking through it at different times throughout the day scratching my head. I didn't add 2+2 until that night when I was in my favorite spot with my favorite gun (again) and noticed the illusion again because the lamp was on. So I turned off the lamp and looked again and all was normal.

I had to locate this thread and recant my statement about the sidearmor rail. I would have done so sooner but I forgot about this thread. The sidearmor rules and mine is perfect. :)

I did however get rid of the lamp for creating illusions. I can't have that, it is unacceptable.

Seriously?

Seriously?

No, I didn't really get rid of the lamp. But the other stuff is very serious. Sure I felt like a dumbass. I originally posted this because I was concerned that the rail was twisted and I wanted to know if anybody else had that issue. I wasn't bashing sidearmor like I was bashing the elastic shell holder. I was just hoping there was an easy fix or that it was me doing something wrong. And it was. I still love my sidearmor rail and 6 shot shell holder and I still think the elastic shell holders are lame.