Turkey Choke for Benelli SBEII

turkey

I bought a Primos Jellyhead for my SBEII about 4 maybe 5 years ago. Was hunting last weekend and shot at a turkey and never touched him. I looked down and my choke tube was gone. It was on when I left for the woods. The threads look fine, I cannot figure out what happened. Anyway, I have been using winchester extended range 3.5 #6. I bought the jellyhead at the recommendatons of several on this forum. It worked great and several of you said that you were using the same set-up. I do not remember which constriction the choke was. Can anyone recommend the correct constriction so that I can order a new one?

So a little help with why it fell off would be nice? If you had problems with a choke and you do not know what you bought it will be hard to keep from buying the same tube again? Primos tube that i have has never fell off while i was shooting it? Primos website should be enough for anyone to find the correct tube or just give the guys a call and ask them which tube is it that you need!

This is what i use! https://shop.primos.com/pc-851-78-jelly-head-choke-tube-12-ga-benelli-sbe-ii.aspx

• 3 weeks later...

Generally, the tighter the choke the better. Shots taken during turkey hunting are usually on the long side, so the tight choke allows a denser pattern at these ranges. There are many chokes to chose from, and many types of shells and pellet sizes to factor in. You must find the combination that suits your gun. You must pattern your gun to find the best results. It is also a good idea to pattern the gun so you know the POI. They don't all shoot where you point. Good luck. Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't get a possible explanation for the disappearance of the choke tube - would have liked to solve the mystery especially since this happened to someone else also!! Considering that it is a Primrose Jellyhead, I don't think he'll have a problem getting them and with the advice about the best choke for turkey hunting, I am sure he'll be lucky next time!!

restaurant

Edited by kasd56

http://www.nitrocompany.com/

go to that website and it will tell you what type of choke and ammo to buy for your gun. Its amazing stuff, but it is expensive, and can be hard to find. Its worth every penny considering i might only shoot 4 or 5 rounds in a year. I use it in my vinci and SBE. Cant tell any difference in the patterning really. I have a jelly-head in the SBE and rhino choke in the Vinci.