WTT Benelli M4 +2 Mag extension for your stock mag tube

daniel333

I ended up buying an M1014 (M4) off gun broker. Its coming with a +2 mag extension 6+1 using 3" or 7+1 using 2 3/4". I want to trade for a factory false mag tube (even trade). The thing is, I dont know the brand name of the tube until i pick it up from my FFL. I just want to make sure there's interest before I go buy a factory false tube from a benelli dealer.

BTW, we cant have the extensions in NY. :(

I ended up buying an M1014 (M4) off gun broker. Its coming with a +2 mag extension 6+1 using 3" or 7+1 using 2 3/4". I want to trade for a factory false mag tube (even trade). The thing is, I dont know the brand name of the tube until i pick it up from my FFL. I just want to make sure there's interest before I go buy a factory false tube from a benelli dealer.

BTW, we cant have the extensions in NY. :(

Dude ... seriously? First you pay extra to buy a "real" M1014 and now you're putting in the effort to gimp it?

I have the stupid thing that I would just give you ... but I can't in good conscience support what you're doing, so I'm not going to.

I also live in NY. Everyone I know that has an M4 has a full length tube on it.

Dude ... seriously? First you pay extra to buy a "real" M1014 and now you're putting in the effort to gimp it?

I have the stupid thing that I would just give you ... but I can't in good conscience support what you're doing, so I'm not going to.

I also live in NY. Everyone I know that has an M4 has a full length tube on it.

I had 2 seperate gun shops tell me ext mags in excess of 5 rds are illegal on shot guns with pistol grips... if they are legal, I would keep it....

I had 2 seperate gun shops tell me ext mags in excess of 5 rds are illegal on shot guns with pistol grips... if they are legal, I would keep it....

Look, do what you want. They can't be sold with more than 5 round tubes, in NY or anywhere else. Everyone uses them. Nobody, literally, nobody has ever gotten in trouble for them.

Also, taking "gunshop advice" is a horrible idea, they are notoriously run / populated by morons that peddle misinformation and rumors. I've heard some of the most ridiculous things of my life in gunshops, stated by oblivious Fudd's as total fact.

The ATF is the only branch you need to worry about ... the ATF doesn't enforce the NY AWB. Nobody does really, unless you're a criminal who committed a crime and they are throwing the book at you.

If you want to play it safe, play it safe.

Edited by Duggan

http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/NYSL.pdf

ASSAULT WEAPONS

It shall be unlawful to possess any “assault weapon”

or “large capacity ammunition feeding device.” So called

assault weapons lawfully possessed prior to September

14, 1994 and large capacity ammunition feeding devices

manufactured prior to such date can continue to be

lawfully possessed..

“Assault weapon” is defined as:

A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following

characteristics:

• a folding or telescoping stock;

• a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action

of the weapon;

• a fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds;

• an ability to accept a detachable magazine.

So your not arguing NY law states its illegal, your saying the law is never enforced.... The ATF comes around the range once or twice a month (ive ran into them on only one occasion with a ar15, legal) and they check over everything... maybe you live upstate NY where the laws are a little more lax than long island?

http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/NYSL.pdf

ASSAULT WEAPONS

It shall be unlawful to possess any “assault weapon”

or “large capacity ammunition feeding device.” So called

assault weapons lawfully possessed prior to September

14, 1994 and large capacity ammunition feeding devices

manufactured prior to such date can continue to be

lawfully possessed..

“Assault weapon” is defined as:

A semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following

characteristics:

• a folding or telescoping stock;

• a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action

of the weapon;

• a fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds;

• an ability to accept a detachable magazine.

I'm well aware of the law ... I'm telling you it's not enforced.

I'm done here.

ETA - In the city, all bets are off. NYC is a god damn police state. I'd be afraid to even shoot at a range there, given the political climate and unwarranted fear of all things firearm related.

If I lived on Long Island, I wouldn't even go to a range. I'd save my ammo money and move.

Edited by Duggan

ETA - In the city, all bets are off. NYC is a god damn police state. I'd be afraid to even shoot at a range there, given the political climate and unwarranted fear of all things firearm related.

If I lived on Long Island, I wouldn't even go to a range. I'd save my ammo money and move.

So sell me your factory tube so i can live happily on long island :D