Nova, Ducks, Chokes and Ammo

Milli Benelli

Hey guys, this year marks my first year of hunting ducks with my new NOVA. What are you guys using for ammo and chokes? So far I've used KENT FASTEEL BB's with MOD choke for Canada's and ducks. Nots too impressed with my duck haul so far so I traded some boxes of BB's for #2s today in hopes of increasing my kills. I'm trying to get some boxes of HEVI-METAL in Southern Ontario but having no luck.

I would love to hear your choke/ammo combos that are working and what you swear by for ducks.

Cheers

try bass pro shop they have hevi metal

Hey guys, this year marks my first year of hunting ducks with my new NOVA. What are you guys using for ammo and chokes? So far I've used KENT FASTEEL BB's with MOD choke for Canada's and ducks. Nots too impressed with my duck haul so far so I traded some boxes of BB's for #2s today in hopes of increasing my kills. I'm trying to get some boxes of HEVI-METAL in Southern Ontario but having no luck.

I would love to hear your choke/ammo combos that are working and what you swear by for ducks.

Cheers

I am shooting a Super-Nova.

Ducks: #3 Hevi-Metal 3" with Carlsons new ported choke. Light Mod over decoys

Geese: #2 Hevi-Shot 3" with Carlsons Full choke.

The chokes are the same ones Carlson's designed for Hevi-Shot just with a Carlson's stamp on them instead of Hevi-Shot. More options form Carlson's in the same chokes also. Check them out at Carlsons web site. NEW Ported sporting clay choke tubes.

• 3 weeks later...

mille, shooting an SBEII, useing 3"#3 hevi metal with hevi metals extended ported long and mid range chokes, mostly mid range. I have been guideing duck and goose hunts in southwest la. for 15 years, and for the price, the hevi metal are by far the best deal and load on the market. Try Macks Prairie Wings out of Stutgart Arkansas, they do ship to Canada. If you do get to use this combo, keep us posted on your success. Best thing for the price since lead shot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...