Benelli alert

jed1894

• 1 month later...
Ok so although the gun Dicks is selling is nice and is a Benelli, this model is made just for Dicks. If you look at the stock it does not have the comfort stock that is on the regular Benelli. Hence the cheaper price.

Not correct. The gun is not made solely for Dicks. Bass Pro, Academy, Cabelas and all local authorized Benelli dealers can get the same gun. All they have to do is call and order one (that's my dealer did for me). My local Benelli dealer has a rack full of them now. However, he can't touch the Dicks price of $799. Since Dicks orders so many, they can get the gun cheaper, I guess, and sell for less.

It's called the "American." The "American" does not have a comfort tech stock.

Not correct. The gun is not made solely for Dicks. Bass Pro, Academy, Cabelas and all local authorized Benelli dealers can get the same gun. All they have to do is call and order one (that's my dealer did for me). My local Benelli dealer has a rack full of them now. However, he can't touch the Dicks price of $799. Since Dicks orders so many, they can get the gun cheaper, I guess, and sell for less.

It's called the "American." The "American" does not have a comfort tech stock.

Correct and to further add it doesn't come with the adjustable shims as well, no hard gun case, and only 3 chokes instead of 5. Fine by me, as it saved me a good $400 off the M2 field. Same exact internals for the gun, without all the extra gimmicks.

As someone mentioned, if your worried about recoil (didn't affect me whatsoever and I was shooting a light twelve Browning A5 2 3/4" before this gun, and both are lightweight and not a lot of recoil, you can get a limbsaver pad or another stock butt insert. no need to worry about adjustable shims as long as you make sure the gun fits you before purchasing, most of us look at aftermarket chokes for specific applications if the stock assortment doesn't meet our fancy. You can customize your gun with these extras if you'd like for about $200 or so.