Super Nova retractable stock?

NordicG3K

Hi Nordic and welcome to the forum!

They are hard to find. You might want to start checking Gunbroker daily, at some point the diligence will pay off but it's not going to be cheap.

Check here daily too, if someone spots one they usually post a link.

Later,

Hookster :)

I don't suppose Benelli makes replacement stocks for the Super Nova with a shorter LOP? I'm used to ARs with short stocks and so the Benelli feels a bit awkward. The retractable stock would fix this, but a shorter standard fixed stock would work just as well, and probably be cheaper, if it exists.

I don't suppose Benelli makes replacement stocks for the Super Nova with a shorter LOP? I'm used to ARs with short stocks and so the Benelli feels a bit awkward. The retractable stock would fix this, but a shorter standard fixed stock would work just as well, and probably be cheaper, if it exists.

Some members have posted some good looking results with cutting down their Supernova stocks, filling the back with Marinetex (to provide new material for the buttpad screws to screw into) I'm searching to see if I can find the pics/instructions for you.

Here are pics of Supernova stock mod to 12" LOP by Dntama

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21177&highlight=supernova+stock

Here's a pic of same mod on a M4 Standard stock by nimslow (post #7 of this thread)

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23278&highlight=marinetex

Also, nimslow posted links to instructions in post #3 of this thread

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18098&highlight=marinetex

Later,

Hookster :)

Edited by Hookster

• 1 month later...
because slackers like HK didnt buy enough to begin with!:D and because not many want to buy a stock that costs more than the actual gun.....;)

Hi guys great forum rookie here!!

If any of u guys hear about any more of the stocks becoming available pls PM me. I have been looking for one if these the wrong way for a 1yr. Then I noticed that the supernova c-stock is the same as the one in the old RX4, which was what I was basing my research on. Can wait to get a c-stock on my MR1

Edited by naveda_08

Personally I don't think so since the Super Nova is a pump action and the law specifically covers semiauto

Section 922 Paragraph R states:

"It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes except that this subsection shall not apply to--

(1) the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for sale or distribution by a licensed manufacturer to the United States or any department or agency thereof or to any State or any department, agency, or political subdivision thereof; or

(2) the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for the purposes of testing or experimentation authorized by the Attorney General. "

hope this helps, also NordicG3K I just bought a Cstock for SuperNova for close to $500, steep but I had to have it

Just got mine and put it on last night. What a difference! Having the stock set on the middle position makes the Super Nova feel like a completely different gun. Yes, very spendy, but worth every penny in my opinion.

I had a Specter 6-shell buttstock pouch on my SN when it was wearing the standard stock, but I don't know if that's going to work now. I've got it on there, but the forward strap rides right next to the stock button, and the strap also prevents the stock from being closed all the way. I'll just have to play with it a while and see how it works.

Also, from the pictures of the stock I thought that small circular indentation at the back, bottom corner of the stock was a QD sling swivel attachment point, but it isn't. Anyone know what this is for?

Just got mine and put it on last night. What a difference! Having the stock set on the middle position makes the Super Nova feel like a completely different gun. Yes, very spendy, but worth every penny in my opinion.

I had a Specter 6-shell buttstock pouch on my SN when it was wearing the standard stock, but I don't know if that's going to work now. I've got it on there, but the forward strap rides right next to the stock button, and the strap also prevents the stock from being closed all the way. I'll just have to play with it a while and see how it works.

Also, from the pictures of the stock I thought that small circular indentation at the back, bottom corner of the stock was a QD sling swivel attachment point, but it isn't. Anyone know what this is for?

Good Question, I have not figured it out yet.