I think every M4 needs a partner!!!

Flascot007

Whats everyones educated thoughts on these blades? (Crusader Forge / Trident Knives )

Custom Oberland 03

instock03custom.jpg

Blade Length: 6.25 "

Total Length : 11.50 "

Blade Material: CPM S30V, 0.25"Thickness

Handle Material: Hand Sculptured Mil-Spec G10

Extended Tang.

Rear Traction Grooves.

Custom Dammeron Camo.

No expert either, but I do own a few custom knives and many others. Have studied the qualities most deem to be the hallmark of an excellent knife. S30V is excellent steel for a blade used as this one was designed. Decent thickness for a heavy duty knife. Understand they triple heat treat these which is also good. Isn't Trident out of business or bought by Crusader Forge? In the $375 range if they haven't gotten more expensive.

Have you looked on You Tube for tests / torture tests on these knives or at least this brand?

Damn nice knives. I'd put them right up there with Strider and all the other serious hard use names.

I can't justify buying a fixed knife right now, but I sprung for a Zero Tolerance 0301 ... all the features of a Strider, but half the price. Massive titanium framelock, S30V blade, G10 scale, assisted opening, etc. It's a badass folder.

ZT0301-lockup01.jpg

If I was in the market for a good fixed blade, Crusader Forge would be on my short list.

Duggan, quit trying to make me buy stuff. Trying to save 10g to put together a bed cage and add a fuel cell. 500 dollar fixed blade knives don't help.

That thing cost more than my RMJ Tactical Shrike.

Edit: If you plan on carrying a fixed blade on your belt. Or using it in the field, you might find the length to be cumbersome at 6+ inches. Everyone is different though. If I was buying right now, I'd opt for the 3.75 - 4.00 inch variant here:

untitled-2.jpg

TCFM 02. Probably the smallest package at around 8" overall. The blades are a quarter inch thick. Pretty hefty. Only foolishness would damage that knife. ie: prying with the tip or cutting rocks.

I guess it depends what you intend to use the knife for.

Edited by StrangerDanger

Personally, I don't think any one blade will do everything. I would need to carry two (and would prefer a third--a folder--as a handy backup).

Sticking to the fixed blades:

1 knife is for fighting exclusvely. Something like a Besh wedge dagger. It doesn't need to be utilitarian; it's just something for fighting if a situation ever devolves into a knife fight.

1 knife is for all other purposes. This would be large and extremely durable. Probably a tanto--if not a chisel tip--that is long and heavy at the end (for chopping). Still combat-ready if it needs to be used as such; but its primary duty would be chopping, sawing, prying, and cutting inanimates.

I have no personal recommendation as far as brand or model. To tell you the truth, I was designing my own to be made by a custom shop. Like some others here, I do tend to lean towards the smaller custom makers that are trusted by SpecOps Marines, soldiers, and SEaLs. They're pricey, but that's where you find the really purpose-designed blades with top-quality materials.

If my choice of knives doesn't clearly illustrate, I don't like extra-pointy knives. (Seriously, Besh wedge dagger ...) I'm not hard on my knives, but those tips still break. I don't like broken stuff. If I'm spending $300+ on a knife, it better last until I'm in the grave ... And I better not be in the grave because it didn't last.

Edited by LeoAtrox

If my choice of knives doesn't clearly illustrate, I don't like extra-pointy knives. (Seriously, Besh wedge dagger ...) I'm not hard on my knives, but those tips still break. I don't like broken stuff. If I'm spending $300+ on a knife, it better last until I'm in the grave ... And I better not be in the grave because it didn't last.

Well, The good new is it has a lifetime guarantee to be replaced no matter the cause of failure under normal use. And for $425.00 I would expect that. These things are beefy and the tip does not look fragile to me.

Here's a link to my Ebay selling page, I have 2 and this is one I'm selling. The article within the description pretty much say's it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180586448653&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Edited by Flascot007

Well, The good new is it has a lifetime guarantee to be replaced no matter the cause of failure under normal use. And for $425.00 I would expect that. These things are beefy and the tip does not look fragile to me.

Here's a link to my Ebay selling page, I have 2 and this is one I'm selling. The article within the description pretty much say's it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180586448653&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

It needs a pewter skull instead of a plastic one on the lanyard. :D