Benelli Nova 12 gauge

BenelliBoy

I am thinking about purchasing a Benelli Nova Pump 12 gauge before Ohio's Turkey Season. I was wondering what barrel length (in your opioion) that I should get. Also I am trying to decide wheather to buy the synthetic black, or should I go with The Timber HD? I will be using it for more than just turkey. I will be using it for Deer,Turkey,Ground Hog,Rabbits,Squirrels,Ducks,Geese,Target Shoots,Clay Pidgeons, Crow, Black Birds.Please Help. I would greatly Appreciate it.

Thanks,

BenelliBoy

[ 02-27-2005, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: BenelliBoy ]

In my opinoin 26" is right on perfect for wing shooting and turkeys. However, I differ with tucker on Max 4. I find it to be to yellow in color for the woods and to turkey hunt with. That gobbler has pretty good eyesight. I dont care for the timber camo I feel the camo is a little weak compared to other manufacturers camo on their guns. I would go with the black, again only my opinion, dont need to get bombarded with a million responses as to why I might be wrong.

Im not sure about where you are hunting but i went with a 26" Advantage Timber camo. But that blends in with most of the stuff in Nebraska. In my opinion the Advantage Timber would be the best camo for your turkey hunting. I dont think it really matters to the birds what color your gun is tho. Whatever u decide on im sure that you will kill a lot with it.

I went to look at them a couple of days ago and my dealer has a 12 Nova Pump in Timber HD. with a 24'' barrel also they have one in 26'' Timber HD. both are 364.99... I think I might get one of the two... Hopefully before Turkey Season, but I am not sure if I'll be able to get one by then or not... I sure hope so.

Later,

BenelliBoy

i went witht he 28" barrel as i am going to use the gun as a goose and duck gun and i think the longer barrel will make for a good all around gun for me. the 26 is okay i think if your just goingt o shoot short distance shots but taking onducks and geese can make you wish you had a longer barrel an i will also be buying some exteneded chokes as well to get even more length for the waterfowl. it is also good for tutrkey with the 28 for that little extra distance you might take a shot you won't with a shorter barrel. with my old shotgun i was confident in the 40 yard range but with this 28 inch barrel and extended choke for turkey i will be able to pattern farther out i think and with confidence

rob k

smile.gif HEY THE NOVA IS GREAT IN ANY COLOR YOU WANT. I KNOW FOR CAMO THE PRICE GOES UP A LITTLE. I HAVE A BUDDY WHO TURKEY HUNTS AND HE WENT WITH THE BLACK AND HAS NO PROBLEMS WITH HIS HUNTS. MY BUDDY ALSO GOT A DEAL ON HIS NOVA. WE LIVE IN PHOENIX, AZ AND HE PURCHASED IT FOR $269.00. I WAITED AND WAS BEING CHEAP SO WHEN I WENT TO PURCHASE IT A YEAR LATER I PAID $299. FOR MINE. NOW THE PRICE WENT UP AGAIN 2 MONTHS LATER IT IS NOW, $315.00.