SBE by HK trouble finding parts

Flinger

I have lurked here a while and you guy's have a wealth of knowledge! I recently purchased a older SBE by HK and it needs a new forearm (brother in law cracked it and threw it away). The barrel has some rust also. The trouble I am having is nobody seems to know since it is HK what will fit it? I am looking at having it dipped so I will probably get a stock also. Do any of y'all know if the parts for this gun can interchange with other Benelli models? I found a synthetic stock and forearm for $160 (Bell and Carlson)is that a good price? Thanks again guy's I'm looking forward to your responses!

I have lurked here a while and you guy's have a wealth of knowledge! I recently purchased a older SBE by HK and it needs a new forearm (brother in law cracked it and threw it away). The barrel has some rust also. The trouble I am having is nobody seems to know since it is HK what will fit it? I am looking at having it dipped so I will probably get a stock also. Do any of y'all know if the parts for this gun can interchange with other Benelli models? I found a synthetic stock and forearm for $160 (Bell and Carlson)is that a good price? Thanks again guy's I'm looking forward to your responses!

Your HK SBE is a Benelli...HK was the Importer back in the late 80's of the SBE. I've had mine(purchased 1989) worked on by Benelli last year...they went through it and replaced all the springs and a few other minor fixes and didn't charge me for the work done.

I'd suggest that you call Benelli customer service. They can help you out. You don't have to mention that you're the second owner because they don't have HK's records anyway.

benelli m1 series forends will fit the earlier SBEs ,,that means yours.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

with regard to the rust on the barrel get some steel wool but not fine like 0000 you want 0 of so. then spray it with some type of rem oil or other good oil to get it "wet" then rub the barrel. the rust rubs off. if you look really close you will see the minor minor pitting once done but you have to be looking for it. chances are its from blood. i know when i get dove blood on my gun and it sits after the season i have rust on the barrel but the steel wool and oil cleans it up nicely.