Anyone have the Sidearmor Forward Shell Holder?

AggiePhil

I'm wanting to mount a non-elastic double shell holder to the right side of my handguard and there just doesn't seem to be a very good way to do it. So a thought I had was to run a Surefire M80 handguard with the Sidearmor Forward Shell Holder (the only picatinny double shell holder that I'm aware of) mounted to the side of it. I figured that wouldn't be half bad because I'm also wanting to attach a light and a stubby foregrip or handstop of some sort and could use the rail for that.

Anyway, have any of y'all tried this setup? The shell holder would obviously be mounted lower than in the photo below.

DSC_0031_750.jpg

Edited by AggiePhil

I have two and they are mounted on each side of the surefire just forward and below the Sidearmor rail. I know it seems like much, but it really is not an issue as of yet. I have ran some drills with it and seem to balance the forend a little (for me). I use a vertical grip so it's all balanced, (for me). I also have the 8 shell carrier on the side. If any become an issue, I can remove them. Doe not require removal except if you want to take the trigger out. The 8 carrier blocks the take down pin. But no big deal, easy to do still.

I have two and they are mounted on each side of the surefire just forward and below the Sidearmor rail. I know it seems like much, but it really is not an issue as of yet. I have ran some drills with it and seem to balance the forend a little (for me). I use a vertical grip so it's all balanced, (for me). I also have the 8 shell carrier on the side. If any become an issue, I can remove them. Doe not require removal except if you want to take the trigger out. The 8 carrier blocks the take down pin. But no big deal, easy to do still.

Awesome. Could you please post some pictures?

Very nice Flascot! What kind of cheek riser is that?

Hookster :)

Thanks,

Took some ideas from your combo because I really wanted a vertical grip and I liked the sidearmor rails and shell carriers.

The cheek riser was a modified unit by me and it's from this originally.

CR-6000black_jpg__03935_std.jpg

The Breeching choke is from trulock and is their new tactical breaching choke. Made of all steel and lifetime warranty. Same company that makes them for Benelli or at least the one that came in mine.

http://www.trulockchokes.com/cgi-bin/eShop/index.cgi?page=photos_descriptions.htm&cart_id=559259.21004

Edited by Flascot007

14#'s loaded for bear... I really don't even notice any issues. Yeah, lighter might be better for some, but for me it slings great and shoots like a champ. The tube from Kip will help a little, but I don't see it doing that much. The Ti charging handle, I'm still thinking about it. The GG&G works great and will shoot as fast as I care to pull it off. I have never over run the cycling.

What kind of freak are you?

20 year retired LEO and Instructor/Armorer.

This is in the testing phase right now, but so far I'm pretty happy with it.

Some will like it, some will hate it. It fits and works great for me right now. new mod's will come if need be.

I still eat my wheaties! :D

If you think this is freaky!

You sould see my Aug A3....;)

Some will like it, some will hate it. It fits and works great for me right now. new mod's will come if need be.

I still eat my wheaties! :D

You sould see my Aug A3....;)

Oh! Thats super freak to you my friend!!!

I still eat my wheaties!

You sould see my Aug A3....

Super33 was talking about Loreyy.....

Now can we see your Aug?

H:):)kster

Oh, OK. But this is it, I need to love on my wife after this. The suppressor is a AAC M4-2K with a TAB GEAR hot sleeve. 12.5#'s loaded out. I have a second twin to this one but only with a Leupold CQT and Suppressor mount, same fore grip setup, no light or laser..

P1010663.jpg

P1010662.jpg

Edited by Flascot007