Not a question

wfolds

I am not asking for favors. I am trying to find out why it takes a month and two phone calls to customer service? to get a replacement part on a 2 month old Super sport.

You can't read this:

THE FORUMS ARE NOT A CONDUIT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE. ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE VIA PHONE OR EMAIL (301-283-6981). DO NOT POST CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS IN THE FORUMS.

So now you go to the bottom of the CS list.:cool:

On October 18th I contacted Benellis’ “Customer Service Department?” about the magazine follower in my 3 month old Supersport. It was sticking and the lady that I talked to (after the usual “I have never heard of this happening” comment) took my model and serial number information and indicated that she would have another follower sent to me. She also told me that if this didn’t fix the problem I would have to send the whole gun back to repair to have them look at it.

On November 1 I called to get a status update on the follower and was told by another lady that there was no record of my request. After giving her (again) the model and serial number information. I was told that I should expect a follower to be sent in about 2 weeks. I commented that it had already been two weeks my impression of her attitude was “Oh well!”

After shooting in a tournament on Saturday I broke the gun down for cleaning and the follower had what looked like a flange on one side. Taking a fine file I smoothed out the flange and reinstalled the follower, cleaned the gun and put it back together. The follower seems to be working better. At least it feels a lot smoother.

Got tired of Benelli’s so called customer service to send a replacement follower so on Monday I ordered a Stainless Steel follower from Brownells. The follower arrived yesterday and I installed it this morning prior to a Dove shoot. The new stainless steel follower worked like a champ.

Benilli can keep their replacement follower (if it ever gets here).

"Even so I still think the Supersport is the best shotgun I have ever owned and will keep it.

If it's ok with you guys?"

Edited by wfolds

Mossberg makes a great gun! I went to the gunshop to buy a 590A1 when I saw my M4. I still want the 590.

After watching Magpul's shotgun video, I don't think I'd be interested in a Mossberg. It was the most difficult of the bunch in terms of doing round changeover drills. Not saying that is isn't a good gun but after watching them use the it, Benelli's, 870's, and 1100's, I know I won't be adding one to my stable. I'd rather have a Supernova Tactical for a pump.

After watching Magpul's shotgun video, I don't think I'd be interested in a Mossberg. It was the most difficult of the bunch in terms of doing round changeover drills. Not saying that is isn't a good gun but after watching them use the it, Benelli's, 870's, and 1100's, I know I won't be adding one to my stable. I'd rather have a Supernova Tactical for a pump.

I have yet to see that video but I'm looking forward to it. How did the M4 perform?:)

This is not a question or request for customer support. This is a comment and opinion on Benellis customer support. Benelli has no customer support.:mad:

Opinion's are good just make sure you did not forget any small critical piece of information that a lotta folk conveniently leave out! Easy to talk to the Secretary why did you not insist on talking to a Smith or someone more qualified in the repair field vs the Secretarial Field? To fix your gun you need to get a return authorization and ship it back for someone to repair it and i might add that sending any firearm to a Smith just before or during hunting season is probably the worst time to send a firearm for repair! Was the shotgun still under warranty which would make a difference, it should not but i think it could? You trying to repair it probably voided any warranty you had left any way so i would suggest taking it to a reputable qualified gunsmith that knows Italian shotguns or you will be having more issues than you thought possible!

I have yet to see that video but I'm looking forward to it. How did the M4 perform?:)

Very well as far as I could see. There were a pretty good mix of guns there in terms of brand and semi vs pump. Obviously the Benelli's stood out to me because that's what I own. Travis and Chris had an M4 as well as an M2 (I think it was an M2). The M4 was decked out with a C-stock and a Surefire fore end. It was obvious, to me, that Travis and Chris liked using the Benelli's but they didn't overly try to favor one gun over another. The video is pretty well done IMO.

Hogwild. Thank you for your considerate reply. My frustration was compounded when the first lady didn't do her job with the first call and the attitude of the second lady giving me the impression that she didn't care either. I got the name of a gunsmith at Benelli from the shop that I baught the gun and he was going to be my next call had the stainless steel follower not worked. I understand the problem with sending a gun into repair this time of year so that is what I was trying to avoid and actually did. This has been a good learning experience and will remember what I have learned if I should need to deal with customer service in the future. Thanks again.

Still no follower. Called the shop where I baught the Supersport and got the name of one of Benelli's gunsmiths. Talked to him yesterday and was told that the followers were on back order. Customer service needs to have access to this information. Finished with this issue and lesson learned.