What spare parts to keep on hand?

cootcommander

and what about the M4 :p

Same parts, dude. In theory, you might want an extra piston, but if you shoot enough to stress fracture that, your receiver will probably be out of spec as well.;)

For the extremely anal, hammers, disconnectors and trigger dogs break as well (the FCG). You could purchase those as well, but that may be excessive unless you're 3 gunning, or planning for The Bad Day.

Johnson rods? Never heard of it? I'm kind of planning for WTSHTF, especially considering wait times for small parts here in germany.

So you say hammer, hammer spring, extractor, firing pin, firing pin retaining pin, ejector, disconnector, mag spring, maybe a piston.

Did i forget something?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=0/sid=916/schematicsdetail/M4

Trigger group parts: 3-6, 8. 10, 12

Bolt group: 27, 28, 30-32, 35-37

Receiver: 73-75, 82-86

Gas system: 95, if you really feel the need. Again, barring a statistical parts breakage, if you shoot this out, you're due for a new gun anyway.

Rather an expensive package, but one I try to put together for my toys(not an M4 owner), as a smith is either unavailable or too expensive when I need them.;)

Johnson rods? Never heard of it? I'm kind of planning for WTSHTF, especially considering wait times for small parts here in germany.

So you say hammer, hammer spring, extractor, firing pin, firing pin retaining pin, ejector, disconnector, mag spring, maybe a piston.

Did i forget something?

You never heard of Johnson rods? Man, you have to have those for your M4 in any kind of doomsday scenario. Best get to gittin'.:D