Benelli M4 - Sling?

wave

My M4's primary purpose is for home defense. And as far as that goes, i'm not a fan of slings. Seems too easy for it to get hung up on all the stuff one usually has in a home. YMMV.

Peace

Just another thought, you will most likely need one extra hand if not to in nearly any HD role at some point. I view a sling like a holster for the SG.

Dial 911, grab your kiddo, open a door, lock a door...

I agree that a sling could hang up on something, but I'd rather the option to sling the gun... not to mention weapon retention.

So other than Mesa Tactical, who else makes a sturdy sling adapter for the M4 w/ collapsible stock? I am looking for something compatible with my Magpul MS2.

These are the only ones that I have found:

GG&G

KZ

Mesa Tactical

I want to use the GG&G single point sling attachment (sorry no pic or link because of low post count), but it's advertised for the M1/M3. I already know the answer to this, but will this fit my M4 with C-stock?

I am looking very intently at this thread as I am wanting to install sling as well. Likely the Vickers-type 2-pt(yeah, original I know! :rolleyes: )

Looking at the Benelli CS I have some questions:

1) the round hole at the end of the stock, does it allow for a quick disconnect to fasten to/in the hole? Or is the stock not made of sturdy enough material?

2) The slota the the top-rear of the stock, why not use it for a fixed sling mount? Many AR15 rear sling mounts(for 2-3pt slings) use the rear of the CS for the rear attachment point.

If neither of the above options are viable, than the Mesa disconnect seems to be the best option for my use.

thanks in advance for any replies! :)

2-wheel

• 7 months later...

Hey guys,

I'm in the same boat looking for a single point sling setup for a M4 SBS with collapsible stock.

What I would love to find is a receiver plate with a quick attach/detach clip and another attach point on the rail system (like sidearmor). I run this setup on my AR-15 (M4 SBR) This lets me go from a single point to a 2 point sling.

I'm former military and a security contractor now working overseas, so I know about the tactical gear.

A single point sling is paramount for being able to get into alternate positions and more importantly being able to laterally transition, shooting left and right shoulder.

Now with this 2 in 1 sling system, one can go from single point to 2 point by unhooking from the receiver plate and attaching on the rail system. Now in it's 2 point configuration the gun is a bit more stable and allows one to handle prisoners or negotiate obstacles like walls, climb ladders etc... For my AR15 it's a great setup and I'm very happy with it.

R.

I use a magpul MS2 sling with their RSA's practicing at home seems fine however not sure how it will be actual use. Unfortunately due to my work travel i can't seem to make it to the range. So far in either the two or single point mode it seems to work well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]840[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]841[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]842[/ATTACH]

The shot gun has the greatest stopping force, so it is the close range weapon, just shoot at the hip at real close range, and if you run out of shells and want to transition to a hand gun, than throw the shot gun on the ground.

Spoken like a guy who has never handled a weapon. Why would you place a weapon on the ground, let alone throw it down? Placing a weapon down because your out of ammo is retarded at best. My M4 holds 9 rounds in the mag on carrier and chamber. It will hold 6 more on a side saddle. If I run out of ammo, I do not need more ammo, I need air support. When transitioning from a shotgun to pistol, the shotgun safety is put on, the support hand moves to the recevier and the support hand draws the weapon down. The support hand is anchored to the hip and muzzle (even on an empty weapon) is pointed in a safe direction. With the support hand anchored, draw pistol with the strong side arm and assess threats. Hopefully you can try that and not kill anyone.

The shot gun has the greatest stopping force, so it is the close range weapon, just shoot at the hip at real close range, and if you run out of shells and want to transition to a hand gun, than throw the shot gun on the ground.

Spoken like a guy who has never handled a weapon. Why would you place a weapon on the ground, let alone throw it down? Placing a weapon down because your out of ammo is retarded at best. My M4 holds 9 rounds in the mag on carrier and chamber. It will hold 6 more on a side saddle. If I run out of ammo, I do not need more ammo, I need air support. When transitioning from a shotgun to pistol, the shotgun safety is put on, the support hand moves to the recevier and the support hand draws the weapon down. The support hand is anchored to the hip and muzzle (even on an empty weapon) is pointed in a safe direction. With the support hand anchored, draw pistol with the strong side arm and assess threats. Hopefully you can try that and not kill anyone.

The Viking Tactical 2-point system is a reasonable option. Up front is a Gear Sector quick disconnect with nice ball bearing mechanism; in the rear is a Safariland quick-disconnect system.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]873[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]874[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]875[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]876[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]877[/ATTACH]

The Viking Tactical 2-point system is a reasonable option. Up front is a Gear Sector quick disconnect with nice ball bearing mechanism; in the rear is a Safariland quick-disconnect system.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]873[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]874[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]875[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]876[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]877[/ATTACH]

How does it fit on the stock pistol grip stock and forearm?

• 8 years later...
On 11/20/2010 at 12:17 AM, Tinsel said:

Actually a sling, multiple point, does work for the M4 because it is sort of like a rifle, point and shoot, but with a Super Nova Tactical it might not work as well because you have to operate the pump action. That is what I'm thinking now.

I could probably transition to a hand gun using my left hand since I'm multi dexterous, which is an oddity.

Multi dexterous? Does that mean you can shoot with your feet as well? The word is ambidextrous. 

blue force gear padded slings for me I have a half dozen of them and they are great. Plus like someone else said slings are great for weapon retention it really prohibits anyone from snatching your gun from you plus what if you need a hand free. As far as three point slings and one point slings go avoid them at all cost. A one point sling might be ok if you are standing still but beyond that its all bad and good luck getting into a three point in any type of stressful situation.