Benelli M2 American

adharford

Hey guys I have been looking into getting a semi auto shotgun for awhile now, and have been doing a lot of research on them. I was just wondering about the M2 American and if it is just the M2 with the comfort tech stock? Or if there is more to it than that? I would like to get just a regular M2 but if i cant find a used one then the American is in my price range. Also if you know any websites to look on that I might be able to find a used one would be great.

M2 American is M2 without comfort tech stock. It only comes with 3 chokes and no hard case. Dicks Sporting Goods has about the best price on them. Hopefully, I'm getting one for X-mas. I have the M2 with comfort tech and have shot one without comfort tech. Save the money and get the American.

Does it have about the same recoil as the one with comfort tech? How much is Dicks offering them for?

I cannot tell any difference in recoil. Furthermore, you will not have to worry about the little rubber chevrons sticking out (like mine). I am constantly pushing mine back in. Or water leaking in through the chevron or rubber comb. If you don't like the non-CT version, you could always trade, sell or just buy another stock. I see them on gunbroker and ebay for sale. You should not have a problem selling it. The bottom line: If the American was available when I bought my M2 with comfort tech, I would have just bought the American.

Dicks has them for around $899. I will try to ask for a discount the next time I'm in there. Doubt that will work in my store.

• 1 month later...