922r Compliance and Collapsible Stock / Extended Mag Tube

kronik

Is there any way currently via compliance parts to meet 922r and have both the collapsible stock and 7+1 tube? I suspect a lot of people will be getting collapsible stocks soon as the pricing, while still outrageous, is lower than the GB $600-650 prices everyone had grown accustomed to - I purchased mine from eBay yesterday. I know that replacing tube, follower, and forearm is not enough - would Kip's newest muzzle brake accessory be the last necessary part?

Edited by kronik

No. Sorry. When you replace the magazine to a 7 rounder your gun goes from being allowed 13 foreign parts to 10 foreign parts.

Get a US made magazine and you have 12 foreign parts.

Get a US made follower and you now have 11.

Get a US made foregrip and now you're at 10!!

Unfortunately for the C Stock, some idiot in charge decided to call that part (which is 1 part number) 2 parts. Can you order these 2 parts separately? I don't think so. But this person is wiser than us and he knows what's best. So switching to the C Stock is adding another foreign part, now you're back to 11. And with a gun that's not 922r complaint, you WILL hurt yourself and those around you because it's simply too much gun for the average citizen like you and me.

As far as I know, there are no other US made parts to replace foreign parts with. Somebody should get on that right away. Thanks.:)

I'm on the lookout for a Benelli field stock. So I can keep that stock on when I'm out back shooting and I won't have any problems. I probably wouldn't have any problems anyway but since the government is claiming ownership of rain and seeds now I wouldn't put anything past them.

Another option would be to not buy a full length mag tube and buy a +2 extension. You could very easily swap out the extensions and jump back and forth between good and evil. You could take a stock M4 Shotgun and replace the standard pistol grip stock with the C Stock and replace the follower and you're good to go.

2 in one thread - "beating a dead horse" indeed. lol @ your inevitable response.

Thanks Super. Answered exactly what I needed.

Well here ya go superfly.:rolleyes:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1440281

All you have to do is type 922r into the search function and you will get 140 threads that cover the topic in some detail. There are a few that cover it in GREAT detail. I find it funny, and inevitable, that there are those who choose not to use the forum as a reference but rather asked a question that has been answered ad nauseam.

Maybe your next question could be "Can you tell me if there has ever been a 922r prosecution for a Benelli M4 shotgun?" :rolleyes:

Edited by KB Fab

I can understand where kronik is coming from. If you use the search function, you get a million threads that go something like this:

OP: "What do I need to use a c-stock and be 922r compliant?"

Poster1: "Don't worry about it, no one has ever been prosecuted for 922r. Slap that c-stock on and enjoy!!!"

Poster2: "Oh, 922r definitely applies and you WILL go to jail if you get caught breaking it"

Poster1: "Oh, bull$hit...that's all namby pamby stuff, and if you want to live in fear with your neutered gun, go for it"

Posters3-8: "Yeah, what Poster1 said!"

Poster2: "Don't listen to them, you'll put yourself in some serious legal trouble just for a c-stock..."

Poster unseen in all the crap flying around: "When you replace the magazine to a 7 rounder your gun goes from being allowed 13 foreign parts to 10 foreign parts.

Get a US made magazine and you have 12 foreign parts.

Get a US made follower and you now have 11.

Get a US made foregrip and now you're at 10!!

Unfortunately for the C Stock, some idiot in charge decided to call that part (which is 1 part number) 2 parts. Can you order these 2 parts separately? I don't think so. But this person is wiser than us and he knows what's best. So switching to the C Stock is adding another foreign part, now you're back to 11."

Poster9: "Yeah, listen to Poster2..."

Poster10: "You pu$$ies need to move to Europe where you'll feel safe...OP, be an American, slap that c-stock on there!"

Ad nauseum. I completely understand not wanting to wade through the crap to find the simple answer to the question asked.

Edited by Varangian

I had a fairly long reply typed up, regarding actually suggesting something like a pinned thread regarding 922R compliance parts/etc. as it IS such a highly discussed topic instead of threadcrapping but I knew it'd be a waste of time so I went about my business.

Do i get to be the first to say, it probably doesn't matter if you're not 922r compliant because its practically unenforced unless you do something to warrant the extra attention?

yes but as has been stated here it ony takes one ***hole to ruin your whole day / life.

• 4 weeks later...