Nova tactical

JZR600

With the nova tactical can you use both slugs and buck shot with the stock barrel? I am interested in home defense and I have never had a shotgun or any gun for that fact. I have narrowed my choice to the remington 870 or the nova tact. Any help would be welcome.

With the nova tactical can you use both slugs and buck shot with the stock barrel? I am interested in home defense and I have never had a shotgun or any gun for that fact. I have narrowed my choice to the remington 870 or the nova tact. Any help would be welcome.

There's a Super Nova Tactical and I think that there is a Nova Tactical, but the Super Nova is the newer model. It has both front and rear sights and a pistol grip. The barrel stamp on the Super Nova Tactical says that it accepts 2 3/4, 3, and 3 1/2 inch long shells of any type of shot, and either lead or steel (according to the manual).

The telescopic buttstock is thick, so it feels nice to raise the gun in fact. It is quite good actually. You can get red dot laser sights I found out, but they cost as much as the gun. The ghost rear sight appears to be plenty for daylight shooting, than throw on the laser sight at night.

I haven't shot mine yet (SN Tact), but I'm confident in Benelli at this stage. For defense you could just go with a hand gun, but for a defensive/offense gun, than the SN Tact is how I see it, but for over bearing offense than the M4 looks better.

I have a photo of mine in my profile album.

Edited by Tinsel

If you are in the USA than this looks like a better pump tactical shot gun http://www.nighthawktactical.com/Tactical_Shotguns.html >.

The Benelli one is not very expensive, although in Canada it is expensive. The prices vary so much. You never know what to expect, but one thing that I'm not so sure about with the Benelli SNT is the plastic pump, because If they do that than put rubber over top of the plastic at least.

I wouldn't mind a high end tactical pump, otherwise this gun is okay for the price, and it might be plenty, yet they don't give you that option.

Edited by Tinsel

• 4 weeks later...
Supernova tactical with PG and Ghost sights. Im glad I made the purchase. I might get a comfortech later on as an added hang around piece

same here.. im probably just going to replace the recoil pad though to something a little more comfortable on the shoulder.. not because of the recoil though.. i dont find it to be that bad

heres my supernova:

165587_461293201900_721561900_6170432_4620839_n.jpg

as far as the mag extender goes i probably wont get one.. the 4+1 does fine for me

Edited by Alpengeist