The NEW 2010-2011 Waterfowl Pictures Thread

tucker301

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, as far as I can remember. Does Cali have one?

We had an early large canada goose season that ran from October 2nd though October but other than that it has been a while since our last split season.

We had a split season either 4 or 5 years ago and I loved it. It allowed the migrators to come in and get real comfortable, then we were back out hammering them again!:D

I dont know about you guys down there in Texas but over here i've noticed alot more birds down here than in years past. The canvasback and redheads rolled in 2 weeks ago and we usually don't see them until mid to late December. I've killed more mallards this year than I have in two combined seasons too so hopefully it continues to pick up.

Cooked'em up again tonight. Gonna do it again tommorrow.

Deer chili, duck, and dr. pepper wild pig.:D

The duck is just cut into 1/4" slices, cut jalepano in 1/2, put cheese in, then duck, wrap in bacon. toothpick to hold together

I cut 1lb of bacon in 1/2, whole slices will wrap it too much.

12 jalepano, 24 after cut

1-11/2 duck breast

3/4 lb of bacon or less

shreaded cheese- 1lb will do like 10,000

Edited by Scotty82

I drove 2 1/2 hours up north this morning to hunt the famous Colusa rice fields and there were NO ducks around what so ever! I sat out there until noon and I had one duck come in all morning that I would normally pass up for Scotty (so he can get some shooting down there in Texas):D but I had to pull that trigger on a spoonie....

Very disappointing morning.

Thanks duck.

Im headed out right now to my spot. Hope theres something.

I saved a guy from some embarrassment with the game warden this morn.

He was about to tell the warden he shot a hen mallard, when in fact it was a hen spoonie. he didnt even know what spoonies were or that they existed.:D

Thanks duck.

Im headed out right now to my spot. Hope theres something.

I saved a guy from some embarrassment with the game warden this morn.

He was about to tell the warden he shot a hen mallard, when in fact it was a hen spoonie. he didnt even know what spoonies were or that they existed.:D

California's full of these kind of people :D My buddy was hunting at a public refuge one time and as he was checking in his birds at the warden station a man rolled up and told the warden that it was one of his best days out hunting and as he said this he pulled out 4 swans out of the back of his truck and said "I killed 4 snows today!"

This kind of thing happens all the time over here