making the SBE2 a deer gun

leftybenelli

Please excuse my ignorance, but I am trying to determine if the SBE2 can be used for deer hunting. Of course, my barrel is the standard 28" long smooth bore. Is that well enough, or do I need to get the rifled barrel? My problem is that I am left-handed, and I don't think that Benelli offers a lefty version of their rifled barrels. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Please excuse my ignorance, but I am trying to determine if the SBE2 can be used for deer hunting. Of course, my barrel is the standard 28" long smooth bore. Is that well enough, or do I need to get the rifled barrel? My problem is that I am left-handed, and I don't think that Benelli offers a lefty version of their rifled barrels. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Try a few slugs with a Cylinder or Improved Cylinder chokes and see if you can get a 3 shot group at 50 yards. Buy about 3-4 different kinds of slugs and compare the groups.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

I am left handed so my options are less and in a similar situation as well. 

I preferred an SBE 3 over M2 and I am mostly into Deer hunting.

The SBE3 hasn't arrived yet and I am wondering what ammo to use for Deer Hunting. 

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

• 3 years later...
On 7/28/2020 at 7:16 AM, GM007 said:

I am left handed so my options are less and in a similar situation as well. 

I preferred an SBE 3 over M2 and I am mostly into Deer hunting.

The SBE3 hasn't arrived yet and I am wondering what ammo to use for Deer Hunting. 

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

I'm usually going with Fed 00 Buckshot or Hordany AG 1 oz slug, but a lot of good options, depends mainly on distance you're confident to take a good shot. Heck, I've even hunted deer with a Desert Eagle once(would not recommend, my wrist didn't like it at all) :D