nova recoil

migrator

I've had a Nova for a few years, one with a recoil reducer and one without. I can't say that I feel much more recoil than any of the other pump guns I've shot. Of course hunting situations are different that target practice. Adrenaline changes felt recoil alot, just try shooting a 3 1/2 bb load at a goose and at a paper target.

You load a couple of those Winchester XX 3-1/2" No. 4 turkey loads in there without the reducer and tell me it don't kick like a 3 year old mule. My shoulder was black after 2 pattern testing shots.

I really didn't know what to expect, never shot anything but 2-3/4" loads. I pulled the trigger on the first turkey load and it almost spun me around...lol. That recoil reducer makes a world of difference to me, best $60 I ever spent. I've been shooting snakes and turtles around my in-law's catfish ponds with it lately and the recoil from 1-1\8 oz loads feel like a 410 shotgun kick, not much there at all.

Oh, order the reducer from the Tom Knapp website, it's a LOT cheaper than the other places I looked. Great service too, I called with a question about something and Tom Knapp himself answered the phone. Pretty freakin' cool I thought.

• 1 month later...