Kip's got the muzzle brakes & chokes online!

tactical1

So these muzzle brakes look pretty sweet but have a few questions.

How does the muzzle brake attach to the M4? Is this a combination choke-like insert that threads in and has the brake attached? Is it one piece or two?

As far as federal legality, are there any issues to know about? What about CA state legality?

Its a 2 piece design. The screw in choke has threads that extend past the barrel and the muzzle device screws onto that. As far as I know there are no legal issues with installing muzzle brakes on shotguns at any level federal or state.

It would be cool if there was a quick detach suppressor that would screw on the threads of that choke for some Zombie stealth kills and then I could go all "No Country for Old Men" on those damn Zombies. :cool:

And make some of those chokes for the M2 also. :D

Edited by Stompy

As far as 922® is concerned, is a muzzle brake addition (with the requisite accessory choke) considered a replacement for the "barrel extension" and swaps to a US made part?

Also, does Kip's accessory choke have "US" stamped in them at all?

No.

This part will have NO effect on 922r as even by the farthest stretch of the hopeful imagination, it cannot be one of the 13 parts listed by the ATF in the latest known letter concerning the Benelli m4.

Sorry to break your dreams, but it just isn't happening.

That said, who cares.

Guest cleefurd
No.

This part will have NO effect on 922r as even by the farthest stretch of the hopeful imagination, it cannot be one of the 13 parts listed by the ATF in the latest known letter concerning the Benelli m4.

Correct.

Adding any of these (carriercomp) domestic components will not change the parts count in either direction.... adding an imported brake would bump the count the wrong direction.

The 13 parts listed in the letter pertain to the M4 "as imported". Exactly why Benelli stopped selling the OEM brakes

That's how Benelli explained it at a recent Shotshow.

P.S. Yes the OEM clone is stamped U.S. so it can't be confused with the previously imported OEM part.

@mattmcg; The "barrel extension" line item, references a component of the breech end of the barrel which facilitates mating/attaching the barrel to the receiver and/or bolt... opposite end of barrel.

Edited by cleefurd
P.S.

Thanks for the response Cleefurd.

Any chance you can take a few pics of your choke and muzzle brake combo. I'd love to see how the two connect and how the attachment works.

Frankly I just about went and bought one because I own at least one of every other product you make for the M4 (which the rail rocks BTW), but realized I didn't quite know how this whole thing went together..

Edited by mattmcg

Guest cleefurd
......I'd love to see how the two connect and how the attachment works.......

"Wave" had a similar inquiry, soon I will try and upload a photo of them on a completely assembled M4.

The accessory choke shown is installed with the factory wrench, and then the brake is spun onto the exposed threads and torqued by hand flush against the barrel.

Hope this helps to visualize it.

picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=556

picture.php?albumid=10&pictureid=557

Edited by cleefurd