Kip's got the muzzle brakes & chokes online!

tactical1

Guest cleefurd
How much length do these add to the gun Kip?

Approx 3-5/8" for the OEM style. Less for the other (shorter) two.

@stompy... I will check with RA to see if they carry the crio version.

Approx 3-5/8" for the OEM style. Less for the other (shorter) two.

@stompy... I will check with RA to see if they carry the crio version.

Thanks. I purchased my M2 before my M4 and I know that alot of M2 owners have been waiting a REALLY long time for an extended tactical choke/muzzle device. This would be a game changer for the M2 world. There are alot of M2 owners that have been waiting for a product like this to arrive. As far as I know this would be the first ever and have total control over the M2 market for muzzle attachments.

Pics of it on the gun. And why didn't you get the glass breaker?

I wanted the factory style. I may pick up one of the other variants down the line... maybe.

Besides..... "manufacturer does not recommend use of aluminum brakes for dedicated breaching"

Edited by Decodence

Guest cleefurd
I wanted the factory style. I may pick up one of the other variants down the line... maybe.

Besides..... "manufacturer does not recommend use of aluminum brakes for dedicated breaching"

"True-Dat"

Royal Arms is very succinct on that point. The aluminum "Breacher Style" brakes will suffice in limitted use. So if you have to breach a neighbor's barn because an intruder is violating the livestock... or worse.... your daughter, it will work that day as well as any dedicated (steel) breaching brake. If you train cadets on a weekly/monthly basis, we would defer to a steel variant more suitable to the associated riggors of daily use.

The "latter" requires a "Dept Letterhead" and associated higher cost. We (carriercomp) don't inventory them but can aquire them when needed. Typically RA would be the best avenue for aquisition when LEO/MIL "Steel" variants are needed, but when appropriate "Cred's" are submitted, we can furnish them for the same price as RA direct.

"True-Dat"

Royal Arms is very succinct on that point. The aluminum "Breacher Style" brakes will suffice in limitted use. So if you have to breach a neighbor's barn because an intruder is violating the livestock... or worse.... your daughter, it will work that day as well as any dedicated (steel) breaching brake. If you train cadets on a weekly/monthly basis, we would defer to a steel variant more suitable to the associated riggors of daily use.

The "latter" requires a "Dept Letterhead" and associated higher cost. We (carriercomp) don't inventory them but can aquire them when needed. Typically RA would be the best avenue for aquisition when LEO/MIL "Steel" variants are needed, but when appropriate "Cred's" are submitted, we can furnish them for the same price as RA direct.

Wish I would have known that. I would have sent over my credentials for a steel version.:(

Why would you need Dept. Letterhead for a true breacher brake anyway? It's not like I'm looking for a suppressor or full auto. Must be a RA policy.

Guest cleefurd
Wish I would have known that. I would have sent over my credentials for a steel version.:(

Why would you need Dept. Letterhead for a true breacher brake anyway? It's not like I'm looking for a suppressor or full auto. Must be a RA policy.

It is RA policy, and seems elitist to me. Perhaps an investor stipulated it. They are a little pricey but steel is more labor intensive and time consuming to process than aluminum.

Which version did you get ? If it is still NIB I would be willing to receive it as credit towards the steel variant. Lemme know 1st and I will contact RA to see if they have its equivalent in stock ready to ship. PM me at your convenience if so.

Got to play with it today at work. I purchased the 12 tooth brake with a full choke. The pattern at 25 yards using Federal Premium 9 pellet 00 was (as expected) a little tighter than with the stock choke. I also noticed a slight amount of recoil reduction too. Bonus!

Oddly enough it made my shot pattern with Wolf 9 pellet 00 WORSE at 25 yards!!! Use quality ammo if this is going to be a serious defense gun folks!!!

Didn't try it out with slugs...

162693_1595070551560_1079844178_1615124_4382824_n.jpg

Edited by wave

Got to play with it today at work. I purchased the 12 tooth brake with a full choke.

Didn't try it out with slugs...

Full choke with slugs huh? Well, if you do try it, let us know if you're still alive and which slugs you used. :p (Be safe. Some ammo manufacturers will say its fine to shoot their slugs through a full choke; others will strongly advise against doing so.)

Guest cleefurd
how is this 922r compliant ? I didnt think the choke was a "counted" part.

Correct. The choke is exempt since it is attached internally.

The brake is considered a muzzle attachment [line item (5) cited within 922R], directly attached to the muzzle, remaining removable, ahead of and concentric to the muzzle/bore.

Edited by cleefurd

• 3 weeks later...