Montefeltro Standard w/ Silver Trigger

super_dork

This weekend, my father-in-law bought me Benelli Montefeltro Standard (black reciever) 12 gauge at Gander Mountain. I hadn't seen any specs for it before the purchase. I noticed on the Benelli site that all Montefeltro's come standard with a gold trigger but that mine has a silver trigger. I called Gander Mountain and they confirmed that the others they have in stock also have silver triggers.

Does anyone have any idea what the deal is with it?

It's not a huge deal by any means, but it's a nice touch for a nice gun. I'm curious more than anything, but I also want to make sure I didn't get some scaled-down Gander Mountain Montefeltro. If the trigger is the obvious thing, what else did they change out. Also, the price wasn't any different than you would expect, so it wasn't advertised differently. Plus Gander's website even shows it with gold.

I also confirmed that the model has the CF date code on it for 2010 manufacture date.

Thanks for the help.

This weekend, my father-in-law bought me Benelli Montefeltro Standard (black reciever) 12 gauge at Gander Mountain. I hadn't seen any specs for it before the purchase. I noticed on the Benelli site that all Montefeltro's come standard with a gold trigger but that mine has a silver trigger. I called Gander Mountain and they confirmed that the others they have in stock also have silver triggers.

Does anyone have any idea what the deal is with it?

It's not a huge deal by any means, but it's a nice touch for a nice gun. I'm curious more than anything, but I also want to make sure I didn't get some scaled-down Gander Mountain Montefeltro. If the trigger is the obvious thing, what else did they change out. Also, the price wasn't any different than you would expect, so it wasn't advertised differently. Plus Gander's website even shows it with gold.

I also confirmed that the model has the CF date code on it for 2010 manufacture date.

Thanks for the help.

they have gold Benelli triggers at brownells,,,fifty bucks

Yeah, I found replacement triggers, just thought it should have come with it.

I spoke with Benelli tech support today and they told me that they started phasing out the gold triggers about 2 years ago. I mentioned that their website says that gold is standard and she said she was unaware of that but would get it corrected. We'll see.

• 9 years later...

10/14/2020. 10 years since this was raised with Benelli I read yet this is still the case. The Montifeltro is shown with a gold trigger on the Benelli site now, as with the dealers site I just purchased from. Of course when I bought online that’s what I expected but not what I got. I got silver and was told that’s what it is now by technical support. So what excuse does Benelli have for this false advertising for over 10 years? Not a great way to start a customer off, with disappointment. 

• 8 months later...

My HK import Montefeltro 20 gauge has a silver trigger on it so it's not necessarily a new thing. If I remember right, it was made in the late 90's. I like gold accoutrements on some firearms. However, for this one with its shiny silver bolt, I prefer the silver trigger. I completely get the frustrations though. It ticks me off to be shown one thing and given another. Even if unintended, it is still feels like bait and switch. 

1638006369_TriggerSNcovered.jpg.f6e0999de1d175738b3f649fdf533076.jpg

Back to gold triggers, I used to have an Ithaca/SKB XL900 12 gauge that had a game scene on both sides of the receiver, and a couple of gold appointed items. It was nice. I also still have have a Beretta 21a with high polished blue (this is not my gun, it was a picture I could find to show it)
Beretta, Pietro Model 21a .22lr Semi Auto Pistol-Gold Trim ...