M4 - choke / muzzle brake

Diabolus

Wave, thanks for posting my website! I appreciate it.

Diabolus, the BlackBore choke does not have any spikes, studs, rings, etc. in the bore of the choke. The choke has "blades" machined into the ports and the force of the combustion gases forces the body of the wad and petals against the blades as the wad reaches the the choke. Slivers of plastic are sliced off the wad, slowing it down and preventing the wad from blowing through the shot column.

As an aside, I realize that chokes with studs, etc have been in the marketplace for a long time. They do a decent job on the wad, but I believe that they do NOT recommend using slugs in their chokes. Slugs are no problem with BlackBore Chokes.

GTPSC (BlackBore)

Wave, thanks for posting my website! I appreciate it.

Diabolus, the BlackBore choke does not have any spikes, studs, rings, etc. in the bore of the choke. The choke has "blades" machined into the ports and the force of the combustion gases forces the body of the wad and petals against the blades as the wad reaches the the choke. Slivers of plastic are sliced off the wad, slowing it down and preventing the wad from blowing through the shot column.

As an aside, I realize that chokes with studs, etc have been in the marketplace for a long time. They do a decent job on the wad, but I believe that they do NOT recommend using slugs in their chokes. Slugs are no problem with BlackBore Chokes.

GTPSC (BlackBore)

No problem, I read about your chokes in another thread(Coyote hunting?) and am really curious to try one of your HD chokes in my M4...