side saddles? Mesa or sidearmor ?

saym14

You will get what you pay for. Even the almost perfect Mesa Tactical units have their own flaw. The rubber they use to hold the shells in, deforms the round after a little time in the carrier. After loading in a semi auto, you will most likely have a malfunction. Not so much an issue on pump guns, but we are talking the M4. Only other thing I noticed is that sometimes from the recoil, the rounds would shift loose if you had them in the inverted position, which I like better than the overhand position.

I had the Mesa units and have since replaced them with the Sidearmor.

I'm not knocking Mesa but I have had one of their shell holders on my SuperNova Tactical and it was only ok. I thought the retention was mediocre and the shells would most certainly moved under recoil. The retention was also different from slot to slot. Some were definitely looser than others. The other thing I didn't like about the mesa was their finish. It looks like they bead blast everything and then anodize the part. Not a super big deal but I didn't feel like it was super durable.

Conversely, the Sidearmor rail I have on my M4 is superb in terms of fit, finish, and retention. There is a reason that it's more expensive and if you can compare them side by side you won't have any problem seeing the difference.

Hello all,

Im new to shotguns,but not to guns.I have been and HK auto addict & one M16 all my life.(Creative spending) One night not sleeping well i went on to the HK forum and saw this gun posted.Here is link. ( http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?130557-WTS-BENELLI-M4-MARK-LE-WITH-EXTRAS-NEW-NO-BOX ) and felt like my life could not go on with out it. :rolleyes: Well being in my possession know,even in my hand as i type or as my friends say, peck very slowly.As being told I'm not normal by my girlfriend especially when Mr Benelli's lit eyes are under the covers in bed :D. I could be happier if this had a stamp.(I'm a stamp collector) So I'm looking for a 14 inch barrel for it.The question is with proper paper's will the short barrel work properly & the BIG question is where do i find one. Any help would be VERY appreciated.

Thanks to all and happy holidays, (Sarasota Florida)

ken

[email protected]

Based on the information in this forum I am considering purchasing a Sidearmor rail. For all those of you that have them: Do you have to remove the rail when you remove the barrel? Does a boresnake become the preferred method of cleaning if you do? Finally, does anyone know if they plan to manufacture a side saddle that won't require the entire rail system? Thanks in advance!

Based on the information in this forum I am considering purchasing a Sidearmor rail. For all those of you that have them: Do you have to remove the rail when you remove the barrel? Does a boresnake become the preferred method of cleaning if you do? Finally, does anyone know if they plan to manufacture a side saddle that won't require the entire rail system? Thanks in advance!

As for the take down, it does not require removal of the rail. it is very simple and is an engineering wonder that it is rock solid when all together. As for the side saddle flying solo, I don't think he will. My ONLY issue is, with the 8 round sidesaddle, you have to remove this from the rail to remove the take down pin for the trigger pack. 2 hex screws and she's off, no big deal, but the same issue with many other makers of sidesaddle. Just to be clear, Not a problem considering the trade off. I'm not sure, but I think this is only the case on the 8 round unit.

As for the take down, it does not require removal of the rail. it is very simple and is an engineering wonder that it is rock solid when all together. As for the side saddle flying solo, I don't think he will. My ONLY issue is, with the 8 round sidesaddle, you have to remove this from the rail to remove the take down pin for the trigger pack. 2 hex screws and she's off, no big deal, but the same issue with many other makers of sidesaddle. Just to be clear, Not a problem considering the trade off. I'm not sure, but I think this is only the case on the 8 round unit.

Thank you, Sidearmor owes you a commission. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll start forwarding all these post to Jeff and maybe I can be a field rep, but I must yield to Hookster, it was his post and review that led me to the Sidearmor in the first place. So I thank Hookster for his efforts also. :cool:

Muchos Gracias El Presidente!

El Hookestro...:)