Super Sport and Cordoba ONLY loading issue. IS THIS MULFUNCTION OR NOT?

Resident

Please take a look!!! Or maybe I am doing something wrong?

IS THIS MULFUNCTION? OR IT’S SUPPOSED TO WORK THIS WAY??

I have noticed the problem I am going to describe, only with Super Sport and Cordoba chambers. Neither SBE II, nor M1 Field has one.

Assume, that you are shooting trap. You are required to load only one round at time. I keep shotgun, barrel pointing DOWN. I drop shell on carrier and shell touches red color magazine follower. If I press carrier release button at this situation, shell will cling against upper part of magazine tube. If I drop a shell on the carrier and there is small clearance left between shell’s front end and red follower, the loading will be fine. Also there are no problems if I drop a shell directly into / or partially in chamber. I called Benelli. Their CS rep told me that was coincidence. In my understanding, coincidence if it happen one time. But it is not coincidence if I can simulate this issue. I do not mind watching how I drop shell on carrier. But IT IS INCONVINIENT!!!.

What would be your judgment? Is that malfunction? May be the way I load my shotgun, is incorrect?

Click on the link below to see the situation I described above

DummyOnFollower.jpg

Originally posted by tucker301:

Forgive my ignorance, as I've never shot much organized trap - but whay would you not either cycle the load through the action, or drop the single shell directly into the chamber and close the action?

Of course, I can load the way you suggest. But It is .....ing inconvinient and I get used to to load a shell by dropping it on a carrier.

I see.

It just seems to me that manually placing the shell on the carrier leaves room for erro in the placement and could lead to problems.

The system was not designed to be loaded that way.

BTW - Where can I get those personalized shotshells?

/just kidding

JUST KIDDING!!

/had to do it though smile.gif

Originally posted by tucker301:

I see.

It just seems to me that manually placing the shell on the carrier leaves room for erro in the placement and could lead to problems.

The system was not designed to be loaded that way.

BTW - Where can I get those personalized shotshells?

/just kidding

JUST KIDDING!!

/had to do it though smile.gif

I called Benelli, and they coudn't replicate a problem with their examples. They invited me to send it in. They said that it is supposed to load with either way and throw shell out from any position

[ 11-22-2005, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Resident ]

Originally posted by M1014:

every loading and ejection problem I;ve ever had was with garbage dummmmmie rounds in my Benellis...its risky,,use live ammo with your saftey on and see the difference>>>>>>>M1014 :cool:

Unfortunately, my Cordoba jams with live ammo and shell in THIS PARTCULAR POSITION.

By the way, this brand of dummies is felt so natural!. I got them from Brownells.

Kinda an odd issue.

I've never loaded my Benellis that way, so I couldn't tell you one way or another.

I hunt with several SII shooters, and they hold the gun upside down, drop a shell in the receiver, and press the release to rack the shell.

I've never seen anyone load a Benelli your way, but I've also never paid much attention.

I'd say you may have to alter your routine a bit to adapt to the gun's operational abilities.

mudhen - CA

Originally posted by mudhen:

Kinda an odd issue.

I've never loaded my Benellis that way, so I couldn't tell you one way or another.

I hunt with several SII shooters, and they hold the gun upside down, drop a shell in the receiver, and press the release to rack the shell.

I've never seen anyone load a Benelli your way, but I've also never paid much attention.

I'd say you may have to alter your routine a bit to adapt to the gun's operational abilities.

mudhen - CA

That is the problem if you hold gun upside down. It jams when fron end of a shell touches red color follower and you press release button. Shell gets into magazine tube. It jams against internal wall of the magazine tube. I tried to make my SBEII and M1Field to mulfunction this way but was unsuccesful

I alredy sent it. Benelli REP told me that that is a mulfunction.

[ 11-23-2005, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Resident ]

I know what the problem is. This has happened before but with my autoloader rifle. When you hold it upside down or at a angle, the parts inside will move in a position where the bolt won't fully go in right or load right. So I guess its not a good idea to hold this shotgun upside down or at a angle?

I've also had the same problem to when attempting to load a .223 in the chamber. It leaves a gap for some reason and won't fire. The gun is a kel-tec su16.

But don't that suck, on an old 1100 remington, I always put a shell in the chamber, pull the bolt, and put more shells in. And I pick up my new benelli Saturday. Well I'll see if it happens.