MR 1: 3 point sling

Tinsel

Yes, I did rig up a 3 point sling for the MR1. It does support a standing shot, and helps prevent the barrel from rising if you happen to pull your head up early, but one other major advantage is that I can now load the rifle without having to set it down. I was forced to put down the rifle in order to load the clip, so this is a safer method. I'm not sure if I have the best quality sling here, because it isn't easy to shift the straps, but it is much better than going without one. Since the MR1 is good for steady aiming and shooting but not so great for rapid fire, than the sling is the way to go, tell me otherwise or else send Canada some high quality slings!

• 4 weeks later...
I was forced to put down the rifle in order to load the clip, so this is a safer method.

Off topic: This statement (above) confuses me. To what clip are you referring? Why do you have to put the rifle down? I'm not familiar with the controls of the rifle, but it does appear to allow your trigger finger to hit the magazine release, thus allowing your support hand to manage magazine changes.

Off topic: This statement (above) confuses me. To what clip are you referring? Why do you have to put the rifle down? I'm not familiar with the controls of the rifle, but it does appear to allow your trigger finger to hit the magazine release, thus allowing your support hand to manage magazine changes.

I think this person means to remove the "magazine" and refill the mag by using 2 hands without putting the rifle down. He is not doing full mag changes and keeps using the same one.

I do wonder why it's "safer" by not putting the rifle down to do this, is there life threatening consequences or something by leaning a rifle against a tree?

I think this person means to remove the "magazine" and refill the mag by using 2 hands without putting the rifle down. He is not doing full mag changes and keeps using the same one.

I do wonder why it's "safer" by not putting the rifle down to do this, is there life threatening consequences or something by leaning a rifle against a tree?

Hadn't thought of that ... I can think of one reason why it would be unsafe to put your uloaded firearm down; but if a person is in that situation, he'd better have more than one magazine. But I don't know the situation this fellow has. Maybe there is a range rule against setting a firearm down outside of a case (an overly-strict "positive control" rule, or something).