Benelli M4 Recoil

c350z

Hello

I just picked up a lightly used Benelli M4, less then 30 rounds by previous owner.

I have to be honest, I was surprised by the recoil, if felt as much as my M1Super90.

Is this an anomaly, just me being wimpy, or will it break in a little. Anyone else in this boat?

On a positive note, it ate everything I feed it from 00Buck, Slug, #7 1/2 shot, #8 and #6 shot

Hello all,

Im new to shotguns,but not to guns.I have been and HK auto addict & one M16 all my life.(Creative spending) One night not sleeping well i went on to the HK forum and saw this gun posted.Here is link. ( http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.ph...RAS-NEW-NO-BOX ) and felt like my life could not go on with out it. Well being in my possession know,even in my hand as i type or as my friends say, peck very slowly.As being told I'm not normal by my girlfriend especially when Mr Benelli's lit eyes are under the covers in bed . I could be happier if this had a stamp.(I'm a stamp collector) So I'm looking for a 14 inch barrel for it.The question is with proper paper's will the short barrel work properly & the BIG question is where do i find one. Any help would be VERY appreciated.

Thanks to all and happy holidays, (Sarasota Florida)

ken

[email protected]

New M4LE owner :)

progress.gif

Mine kicks pretty good. Put some 3" magnum slugs in there and see how that tastes. It doesn't kick as much as a pump but it is a 12 gauge after all.

No doubt, but for a gas gun it seems to kick as much as my M1 which kicks like a mule

Hello all,

Im new to shotguns,but not to guns.I have been and HK auto addict & one M16 all my life.(Creative spending) One night not sleeping well i went on to the HK forum and saw this gun posted.Here is link...and felt like my life could not go on with out it. Well being in my possession know,even in my hand as i type or as my friends say, peck very slowly.As being told I'm not normal by my girlfriend especially when Mr Benelli's lit eyes are under the covers in bed . I could be happier if this had a stamp.(I'm a stamp collector) So I'm looking for a 14 inch barrel for it.The question is with proper paper's will the short barrel work properly & the BIG question is where do i find one. Any help would be VERY appreciated.

Thanks to all and happy holidays, (Sarasota Florida)

ken

New M4LE owner :)

Not sure you meant to post in this thread as it is unrelated to your question, but check out impact guns for what you are looking for.

Yeah people talk about how soft shooting the M4 is but I really haven't found that to be true. Kicks like a mule. Now maybe the Mesa Urbino with Limbsaver recoil pad will be an improvement.

My experience too, is Mesa Urbino available yet?

Yeah unless you're shooting 3inch magnum, the recoil shouldn't be that bad. I'm not as well versed as some of the other shooters on these forums, but something that helped me was working on my stance. I noticed that with the pistol grip I had a tendency to want to not hold it as tightly against my shoulder, so when I first started shooting this gun I also felt that the recoil was more than expected. Now after firing 1000+ rounds through it, it feels a bit more natural and as if the recoil has reduced... which is probably not the case, rather I'm just more used to it.

Recoil is perceived differently by everyone.

I find if I shoot from a good solid stance with the M4 pulled in tight to the shoulder it's very pleasant to shoot regardless of how powerful the load is.

I'll shoot ANYTHING through my Benelli M4 without fear of recoil....my Benelli SuperNova Tactical on the otherhand....