Mesa Tactical M4 Urbino Stock. It's HERE!

babob

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is the pad attached securely, there was another report of it wobbling?

There is a very small movement of the pad. Nothing that would affect your aim or anything like that. The pad clicks in via two tab. One on top and one on the bottom. The notches in the stock where the tabs go are a little bit larger than the tabs on the pad, so there is just a small amount of play.

Can you take a pic of your oem stock next to the Mesa stock for us? I'm in the fence on it or the C-stock.

Thanks for your time.

Lee

Will do as soon as I can later tonight. I'll put it in this post.

MesaTacticalUrbinoStockCompare011.jpg

MesaTacticalUrbinoStockCompare012.jpg

Edited by babob

Hey look that Urbino over-slobbered on stock for midgets FINALLY came out!!:D oh and look the "BETTER" Benelli OEM C-stocks are out as well!! DSC06264.jpg?t=1292460991

nice but its an evil feature (illegal) in my State.

BaBob - it looks like the butt pad is animprovment over stock? maybe its not worth waiting and paying $25 for the limb saver ?

Tough crowd.

Just a week ago, Mitch was everyone's hero. Lighten up fellows. We're not playing with Legos here, this is taking on a major financial risk to solve a very specific problem in a very limited market.

How's that stock you're working on coming along? Oh yeah, you're not.

Kerry

PS My order stands.

Tough crowd.

Just a week ago, Mitch was everyone's hero. Lighten up fellows. We're not playing with Legos here, this is taking on a major financial risk to solve a very specific problem in a very limited market.

WOW!! I think you need to lighten up here Francis!! I was just throwing a jab at a few fellow Midget/short arm having members here and they understood it was in jest!!:rolleyes: oh and a shout out to ya HOOKY!!:D

Skeeter,

Maybe you're right and I need to lighten up, I hope so, but it seems like people are being a little rough on Mitch right now and I interpreted your post as one of them. If I read it wrong, I apologize.

But if anyone is expecting Mesa Tactical to have the resources to make a stock that fits as well as Benelli International, they're dreaming. I want/need that stock (even if it has slight wings or is a little tight around the trigger group) and I applaud Mesa Tactical for attempting it. It's so easy to tear things down. We should all support their effort or no one will ever make that effort again. I gather that you want it , too, Skeeter, so I bet we are actually on the same page. For those that haven't thought about it, making M4S90 accessories isn't like making 870 accessories. There are orders of magnitude more 870s out there that M4s. We should support anyone that makes products for our babies.

Kerry

No worries big K!! i think that urbino stock is an excellent choice for people who are looking for a shorter lop and/or cannot own a c-stock. i just personally shoot with the oem c-stock stock just fine and really like the way it functions. but i do wish Good Luck to all the "shortys" that buy the Urbino.....

Stop being a bully Skeeter, just 'cus some of us are big enough to not need a C stock :) 'Course most of my guns are under 25" any ways, and I'm 6'4" so go figure :)

No range report, but it took me about 10 minutes to fit the Urbino (90030) stock to my M4 minutes ago. Exactly one (1) week delivery from CA to OH.

Stock is like night and day different from the factory stock, it's really hard to imagine how much difference a proper length stock makes.

Earlier messages here noted it was hard to get the trigger group back with the stock mounted. Since this stock does not unscrew I (like several) replaced the trigger group first and then fitted the stock. Dirt simple.

-- Chuck

No range report, but it took me about 10 minutes to fit the Urbino (90030) stock to my M4 minutes ago. Exactly one (1) week delivery from CA to OH.

Stock is like night and day different from the factory stock, it's really hard to imagine how much difference a proper length stock makes.

Earlier messages here noted it was hard to get the trigger group back with the stock mounted. Since this stock does not unscrew I (like several) replaced the trigger group first and then fitted the stock. Dirt simple.

-- Chuck

Exactly the same case here. That might as well have been what I would have posted word for word. :D

Exactly the same case here. That might as well have been what I would have posted word for word. :D

how about - with the stock on - if you remove the trigger group to clean it. will the trigger group go right back on ? or do you then have to remove the stock to get it back on ?