Mesa Tactical M4 Urbino Stock. It's HERE!

babob

It was more meant as a Jab regarding what Mitch from Mesa said about the OEM c-stock. He had complained that the "pointy cheekpeice" on the c-stock was a major source of discomfort due to the forward part of it. Now, looking at the way they designed the cheek riser, it seems like he's put out something that directly contradicts his complaint about the c-stock. To me, it looks like that riser hanging there could be problematic in terms of hanging up on something if you aren't careful. YMMV.

Read about his comment here.

http://www.mesatactical.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=847

I gotcha... I dont think its a big deal, but I appreciate your input.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I assume that you had to remove the trigger group to be able to then remove the stock?

The problem I had was that I installed the Urbino stock with the trigger group out. Then I tried to re-install the trigger group and it would not fit. Mitch from Mesa Tact. then replied to install the trigger group first and then install the Urbino...which worked.

I left the gun alone (other than taking pics for you guys) for about a day and then tried to remove the trigger group and re-install it without removing the stock.....and it worked just as another poster said...with a little rearward pressure...the receiver pin aligned just fine.

I plan to check removing the trigger group and re-installing again without removing the stock, but I'm sure it will be fine. Then hopefully...I'll get to go shoot it! :D

The day after I received it, I removed and re-installed the stock to show a friend how it was attached. It came off and went on without any difficulty.

As a test, I also installed the stock with the trigger group removed, then installed the trigger group with only a slight amount of extra pressure required.

Grizz

I'm sorry but I don't see what one ounce of the hype was about with this piece. The quality seems to be about on par with a generic MP5 solid buttstock which isn't a compliment. When it comes to looks all I have to ask is what drug the people who think it looks good are taking.

I'm sorry but I don't see what one ounce of the hype was about with this piece. The quality seems to be about on par with a generic MP5 solid buttstock which isn't a compliment. When it comes to looks all I have to ask is what drug the people who think it looks good are taking.

"Lets rush it to market, those M4 people will buy anything!"

:p

I am not sure if you have handled one yet, but the quality is good. For people like myself who run a T1, this is a viable solution over both standard stock and the c-stock. I can actually use a T1 now without twisting my neck in an uncomfortable position.

For the price, it is a good value and seems to be built for long-term use.

The standard M4 Shotgun stock is abysmal as far as length is concerned! Why they made it so long is a total mystery.

The Urbino replacement is nearly ideal length. If you're happy with the factory stock length this stock has nothing for you unless you want a cheek riser. This stock length should have come from the factory.

They left the factory type rear sling mount. Something a little larger that would take an HK-style snap hook would be my preference so the sling drops down and doesn't bunch at my cheek. Will give me something to work on.

-- Chuck

It was more meant as a Jab regarding what Mitch from Mesa said about the OEM c-stock. He had complained that the "pointy cheekpeice" on the c-stock was a major source of discomfort due to the forward part of it.

Not me, I don't shoot enough to have any problems, that was the complaint of some of our, how did you put it? "Our men in harm's way." That was it.

Some USMC Lt Colonel was complaining to me about the factory stock's pointy cheekpiece while I attended a combat shotgun training session at Camp Pendleton. I will have to defer to his expertise in the matter.

Now, looking at the way they designed the cheek riser, it seems like he's put out something that directly contradicts his complaint about the c-stock.

Since you have never held an Urbino Tactical stock to your face, it's really quite mystifying that you could arrive at such a conclusion.

. . . Unless, after canceling your order with us, you secretly ordered one through one of our dealers? This is the only way you could possibly be making an informed statement about the relative comfort of the Urbino Tactical stock cheekpiece vs the factory Benelli cheekpiece.

I think we should be told.

Edited by Mesa Tactical

Not me, I don't shoot enough to have any problems, that was the complaint of some of our, how did you put it? "Our men in harm's way." That was it.

Some USMC Lt Colonel was complaining to me about the factory stock's pointy cheekpiece while I attended a combat shotgun training session at Camp Pendleton. I will have to defer to his expertise in the matter.

Since you have never held an Urbino Tactical stock to your face, it's really quite mystifying that you could arrive at such a conclusion.

. . . Unless, after canceling your order with us, you secretly ordered one through one of our dealers? This is the only way you could possibly be making an informed statement about the relative comfort of the Urbino Tactical stock cheekpiece vs the factory Benelli cheekpiece.

I think we should be told.

Uhmmmm, no, I didn't order an Urbino from anyone else and you can bet your ass that I won't be in the future.

As for what I said, you need to learn how to read better. Here is what I said and I have in bold the words that you should pay particular attention to.

Now, looking at the way they designed the cheek riser, it seems like he's put out something that directly contradicts his complaint about the c-stock.

I never said one word about "what is". I did say a few words about what "it seems like" and to anyone with a brain, there's a difference. I cancelled my order because I didn't find out until the stock was released that you had forgone the original M4 design principles in favor of some flathead screw. Subsequently, there seemed to be an issue with installation interfering with the trigger group and that was enough for me to cancel my order and take a "wait and see" position. Your attitude didn't help much either when I specifically stated that my criticism was meant to be constructive but you seemed to take it otherwise.

Furthermore, you write up some big essay on collapsing stocks based on your five year old M4 and then you have to be told that all M4's are coming equipped with the three-position tubes? Whatever. I suppose it's a good thing that you have a new M4 but you can bet I won't be buying any Mesa accessories for mine.

Have a nice day.:)

Yeah, this looks like what I'd like to try. I didn't see it in the catalog. I only saw those that mount in front of the stock and behind the receiver.

271.jpg

I'm also looking for a clean QD mount, so it'll be either this or a pocket push button sling mount (probable).

Edited to add: I read on Mesa's forum that this design will be modified to eliminate loop to jaw contact, which would naturally be very bad.

Is the Urbino an equal to the factory Benelli pistol grip stock from a quality perspective? Not quite, but for $109, I'm not complaining.

Does the Urbino stock have a far superior length of pull? Yes.

Does the Urbino offer numerous options for QD sling attachment? Yes

Does the Urbino require a flat screwdriver to remove? Yes, but big ******* deal. So does the A1 and A2 stock of the AR platform, and I've never heard anyone complain about it.

Is the Urbino an option to allow those desiring to achieve 922R compliance without adding an uncomfortable (and expensive) forearm quad rail system? Yes.

You don't like it, don't buy it.

Grizz

Edited by Grizzman

its amazing how many people can critic somthing they have never touched or seen in person. that's the internets for ya.

Holding this product isn't going to change anything as most of the issues mentioned are common sense and visible from 10ft let alone a picture. Just like I wouldn't need to hold it to see that the sling loop pictured is a terrible design and looks like a cheap fix. The proper way to address adding a clip on or loop style would've been to enlarge the slot style plate.

The back and forth with KB fab is pretty ridiculous..

KB fab,

Everyone gets it, you don't like it and you aren't buying one.

I am not sure of what it was that sparked your internet crusade to prove that the urbino stock is garbage but I don't care either.

Now pretty please, for the love of god shut the **** up and let the man sell his stocks to those of us who are interested in peace.

Looks like I'll be canceling my order until this gets worked out.

Well, I just cancelled my order for the Urbino. I'm sticking with my C-stock.

I won't be buying one until they make it so the stock can be removed without pulling the butt pad off

Yep. And I can tell you from Mitch's post that it isn't an issue for them. Too bad, I won't be buying one.

I'm glad I cancelled my order.:)

Uhmmmm, no, I didn't order an Urbino from anyone else and you can bet your ass that I won't be in the future.

you can bet I won't be buying any Mesa accessories for mine.

The man asked me a question and I answered it. Nothing more, nothing less. Furthermore, I have not tried to say anything other than why I was disappointed with the Urbino. Again, nothing more, nothing less. Seems to me It's jackoffs lke you that are keeping this thing going.:)

Kevin, you've posted 7 times how you won't be buying it (and 2 Mitch mangina "jokes"). I don't know what Mitch did to get under your skin, but you're really going after him here, and on the Mesa forum. Look, we're all in the same boat; firearms enthusiasts. It's the holidays. We're all grown men. I wish you'd take a step back from the computer and look how you're acting. Just chill out, bro. If you don't like it, cool. But to beat it to death and belittle Mitch while you're doing it is just really uncalled for. Happy holidays.

Mine showed up today. Installs super easy, feels really tight, and really doesnt look much different than the OEM stock. The LOP change makes such a huge difference....much more comfortable. I think the need for a screwdriver to remove the stock is a non issue. I have never had to remove my stock "in the field" anyways. If i lived in a free state, maybe the collapsible stock would be the way to go, but for people in California (where mesa tactical is) .......I think its a no brainer. People seem to be getting all worked up that the stock isnt "perfect".....but look at the part its replacing.....I feel you are getting a better stock for less than the price of a new OEM stock, assuming you can deal with needing a screwdriver to remove it. I know its silly and beaten to death, but it also feels better knowing that, god forbid, I ever get into a jam with my shotgun, I can say I have made the effort to comply to the silly 922r law than thumb my nose at it. If you want to be mad, be mad at Benelli, who makes a 1500 dollar shotgun and puts a turd of a stock on it to begin with. I think Mesa should be applauded for the hard work, and for even attempting this endeavor.....it took balls to put up a lot of money in these rough economic times to provide a product to benelli owners, that nobody else has.

Edited by tinman1975