Mesa Tactical M4 Urbino Stock. It's HERE!

babob

honestly im with KB theres no good reason these things should be ******* FLAWLESS you can blah blah blah about how i dont know **** about the mfg process (even though i used to have a bike parts co.) or whatever...

BUT the bottom line is its not MY company people are disappointed in...its Mesa and Benelli. **** Benelli for having an overpriced weapons system, with a ****** stock. And **** them up their stupid arses even more for not selling those collapsable stocks to civis. theyre shatheads for that one!

That being said, the M4 is the best shotgun around, there are no better stock options, and I'll still grumpily be ordering two Urbinos....

(whaaa.whaaa.whaaaaa.)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still have not had the chance to hit the range with mine yet. It's been sitting in the safe for about a week now so I got it out last night to see if the trigger group was easier to take out and put back in and I can tell you that it was really easy to do this time. Seems that it molds a little to the rear tab on the trigger group once it has set a while.

I'm kinda wishing that I would have gotten the limbsaver one now. :cool: But the new LOP fits and feels great. Much easier transistions too.

Hopefully after tomorrow I'll get to put on my Carrier Comp tube and like I said before, "922r can SUCKIT!" :D

The Urbino is as good if not better than the factory fixed stock in fit, finish, etc. These are (what?) a month old, so there is no long term data. It lacks the complicated internals required to unscrew the stock from the receiver extension. I'm still not sure what benefit a "quick detachable" stock might be other than the fluff claim the shotgun can be disassembled without tools. I've not yet determined how to remove the follower in the magazine without tools. Oh, I need a tool for this? So much for the claim.

The standard buttpad seems softer than stock.

I have not removed my trigger group since fitting the stock. This was a complete PITA to replace in the standard stock so I can't see it being any more difficult than that was.

Aside from the inexpensive round head machine screw someone complained about I've not found anything wrong for my use. The M16 Rifle uses a slotted screw to hold on the stock (as well as the pistol grip) so this is hardly a liability. An Allen screw or a bolt would certainly be classier. As it is the slotted screw makes it difficult to put 90 lb-ft of torque on the critter and bugger it.

My real complaint remains with Benelli who fitted the horribly long stock to this shotgun in the first place. Few of us are shooting skeet with this shotgun.

-- Chuck

The Urbino is as good if not better than the factory fixed stock in fit, finish, etc. These are (what?) a month old, so there is no long term data. It lacks the complicated internals required to unscrew the stock from the receiver extension. I'm still not sure what benefit a "quick detachable" stock might be other than the fluff claim the shotgun can be disassembled without tools. I've not yet determined how to remove the follower in the magazine without tools. Oh, I need a tool for this? So much for the claim.

The standard buttpad seems softer than stock.

I have not removed my trigger group since fitting the stock. This was a complete PITA to replace in the standard stock so I can't see it being any more difficult than that was.

Aside from the inexpensive round head machine screw someone complained about I've not found anything wrong for my use. The M16 Rifle uses a slotted screw to hold on the stock (as well as the pistol grip) so this is hardly a liability. An Allen screw or a bolt would certainly be classier. As it is the slotted screw makes it difficult to put 90 lb-ft of torque on the critter and bugger it.

My real complaint remains with Benelli who fitted the horribly long stock to this shotgun in the first place. Few of us are shooting skeet with this shotgun.

-- Chuck

Good post. I just used my Urbino today with an T1 and I am stoked. It's so great to be able to finally get a good LOP and cheek weld on my shotgun!

why are so many people that have never even touched one whining that it has flaws? you say yours is comparable to the OEM?

I didnt say it was comparable to the OEM. I was stating that it wasnt much different LOOKS wise...because some seem to think the urbino is ugly. But comparing the stock there is no comparison...the urbino is far superior

Got mine installed and I'm very happy. I installed the trigger group first and had no further problems.

Observations: It's a very nice piece of work. Two small gripes, but I will easily live with them. First, I wish it fit more closely to the trigger guard. There is a small, but noticeable gap. Second, I find the stock hand guard more comfortable. The Mesa piece is a little more squared off. I may grow used to it, so I'll wait and see.

All in all, I'm very pleased and the 922r compliance overcomes any small gripes. Plus, I can put my M4S90 back to stock in five minutes (for now).

I'd recommend the Mesa Urbino stock.

That's cool that you found one in a store. Did you pick up the P238? I like mine quite a bit.

I also somewhat prefer the Benelli rubber grip cover, and was able to slide it onto the Mesa grip stud. I didn't put it all the way on, just far enough to prove that it's an option.

Grizz