Mesa Tactical M4 Urbino Stock. It's HERE!

babob

IT HAS ARRIVED! Got my shipping notice on Friday and the stock arrived today!

Looks great on the initial inspection. I took a few pics, see below.

I already have the USA follower and as soon as my Carrier Comp Ti tube arrives later in the week, well 922r can SUCK-IT!

MesaTacticalUrbinoStock010800x600.jpg

MesaTacticalUrbinoStock042800x600.jpg

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the price like on these?

The stock was $127 shipped! USPS Priority mail.

On another note.... I ran into a slight glitch while installing the stock. The trigger group housing did not want to go in all the way. It was obvious that the rear tab on the trigger housing was bigger than the slot provided on the Mesa stock. I took the stock back off and did some measurements. See pic below. I let Mesa know of the problem on their forum. Very tempting to file down the inside of the stock to allow the tab to seat, but I'll wait on a response. :)

MTBFMeasures.jpg

Is the pistol grip soft like the factory one?

Yes it is. I actually like the Mesa grip better than the Benelli one. The texturing is better IMHO. The Mesa grip is a little smaller than the Benelli but it feels great. I would post a pic but my camera just died! LOL!

Looks like an easy fix on the trigger tab area but I'm anxious to hear their response I'm suprised they have an issue like that after all their hard work. I'm going to order the Limbsaver version................:)

Hookster,

Why the limbsaver? just curious, I'm thinking about adding one of these to mine as well and before I decide I would like to know your prefrences for the limbsaver version.

Hookster,

Why the limbsaver? just curious, I'm thinking about adding one of these to mine as well and before I decide I would like to know your prefrences for the limbsaver version.

Hi Hogslayer,

I've never tried a Limbsaver but have always noticed all the positive comments about them by those that have used them so I thought I'd give it a try with the Urbino.

Here's one of many positive online reviews:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/sims_limbsaver_recoil_pads.htm

Later,

Hookster :)

Thanks Hookster, I appreciate the info. I'm probably going to secure one of the limbsaver versions of this bad boy. My TI tube and rail from Kip should arrive sometime this week, can't wait to get them installed. I'm interested in what Mesa has to say about the fit issue before I secure the urbino though.

Me too, I'm very curious to hear what they say....

Hookster

The Urbino is GOOD TO GO as far as I'm concerned now. :D

I have a thread over at Mesa's forum about this too.

http://www.mesatactical.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1900#p1900

Here's what Mitch @ Mesa had to say. I followed his instructions and the stock installed just fine.

Quotes from the Mesa thread....

Yeah, it's pretty tight. You can install it easily by first installing the trigger group, then installing the stock.

It should be an easy fix in the mold, I'm guessing. It's only a problem now if you are installing the trigger group while the stock is in place (say, during a field strip). The factory stock is designed to be removed and installed with the trigger group in place and we'll need to fix the mold at some point to allow that.

That worked great Mitch! I just put in the trigger group first, then installed the stock. I'm always a little nervous about screws so I added a couple of drops of blue loctite to the stock screw. It fit and feels great. Can't wait to try it out at the range.

{reserverd for future pic once my camera bat charges} ;)

The Urbino is GOOD TO GO as far as I'm concerned now. :D

I have a thread over at Mesa's forum about this too.

http://www.mesatactical.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1900#p1900

Here's what Mitch @ Mesa had to say. I followed his instructions and the stock installed just fine.

Quotes from the Mesa thread....

Thanks Babob, Good to know it's good to go!

Hookster :)

Pretty silly that Mesa didn't design this stock to coincide with how the weapon is supposed/designed to be field-stripped.:rolleyes: Looks like I'll be canceling my order until this gets worked out.

Hold up there fellas! As Mitch stated, the tolerances are "tight". On the initial install, I could not get the trigger group to align with the pin. It would insert fine but was a good 1/4" from the pin. After following Mitch's instructions...I installed the trigger group first and then the stock and that worked fine.

Of course I read the concerns about not being able to field strip due to this issue, so naturally I had to see if it was possible after the gun was put back together. I was able to remove the trigger group just fine. On the re-install I noticed that it did not align just perfect but a little pressure on the trigger guard pushing the group to the rear, aligned the holes just fine.

The stock must have given shape to the rear tab on the trigger housing once you have it installed from Mitchs' instructions. I believe that when you tighten the stock screw inside the stock during the install, it forces the stock to mold a little around the rear tab on the trigger housing.

So, can you still field strip it...YES.

Is it going to be a little tight...YES.

Edited by babob