Benelli M2 Help

mark29860

I have been shooting my M2 for going on 2 years now mostly for dove hunting and have never had any problems until yesterday. I went duck hunting and was using 3" #2 Hevi Metal shells this is gonna be hard to explain but bear with me everytime I shot my middle finger would get slapped by the back of the trigger guard it seems right at the area where the stock meets the reciever and where the bottom of the shim is the 2 edges are sharp, I don't know if because I have the C shim in or if this is normal my buddy was using a SBE2 and I looked at his and his was smooth. Maybe if this makes sense to anyone someone can comment. Thanks.

I think i might have found my problem the shim is down past the reciever and the sharp edges of the shim was rubbing my finger i will try and sand it down smooth and problem should be solved.

Before you sand, you may want to loosen up the stock retaining nut and see if the shim is out of place. It should fit into small holes and be flush all the way around.

jed

• 3 weeks later...
I have been shooting my M2 for going on 2 years now mostly for dove hunting and have never had any problems until yesterday. I went duck hunting and was using 3" #2 Hevi Metal shells this is gonna be hard to explain but bear with me everytime I shot my middle finger would get slapped by the back of the trigger guard it seems right at the area where the stock meets the reciever and where the bottom of the shim is the 2 edges are sharp, I don't know if because I have the C shim in or if this is normal my buddy was using a SBE2 and I looked at his and his was smooth. Maybe if this makes sense to anyone someone can comment. Thanks.

something is loose or was loose.