Carrier Comp Extended Ti Mag Tube

FrankieBgood

I just received my Titanium Mag tube from Kip At Carrier Comp, and wanted to say Thank You to Kip. If you're looking for the "BEST" parts to put on your M4, I would recommend Kip's Products. They are a work of Art! The Mag tube is absolute perfection, and the finish is Spot-On, and matches the barrel of my M4 perfectly. It looks like it came from the Benelli factory because the finish is so exactly perfect, and it's very light. I can't say enough. I also bought Kips rail and it's great also. Kip's products are worth the wait IMHO. I can't wait for his handle to come out.

On a final note: I don't know Kip, or related, or work for Carrier Comp. Just one Extremely Satisfied Customer! Thank You and Merry Christmas

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great feedback. Just bought one.

Curious - Is the Ti tube w/ the added 2 rounds is still lighter than the OEM with 5? In other words which gun is lighter; a factory M4 loaded w/ 5 or an M4 w/ Ti extended tube w/ 7?

weigh a couple of the rounds you want to fire, add that to the weight the Ti tube saves you see where your at

I just received my Titanium Mag tube from Kip At Carrier Comp, and wanted to say Thank You to Kip. If you're looking for the "BEST" parts to put on your M4, I would recommend Kip's Products. They are a work of Art! The Mag tube is absolute perfection, and the finish is Spot-On, and matches the barrel of my M4 perfectly. It looks like it came from the Benelli factory because the finish is so exactly perfect, and it's very light. I can't say enough. I also bought Kips rail and it's great also. Kip's products are worth the wait IMHO. I can't wait for his handle to come out.

On a final note: I don't know Kip, or related, or work for Carrier Comp. Just one Extremely Satisfied Customer! Thank You and Merry Christmas

Diddo! Received and installed both the mag tube and the top rail! Both totally worth the wait. Mag tube super easy to install, looks great, holds enough rounds to put a hurtin' on the zombies when they attack!

You guys are killing me! ;)

I got mine in the mail yesterday but the wifey grabbed it and wrapped it up before I could open the tube to see it.:cool:

I've read that you need a heat gun to remove the factory tube. Is it necessary or has anyone had any luck via other methods?

You guys are killing me! ;)

I got mine in the mail yesterday but the wifey grabbed it and wrapped it up before I could open the tube to see it.:cool:

I've read that you need a heat gun to remove the factory tube. Is it necessary or has anyone had any luck via other methods?

That sucks man! I luckily happend to meet the USPS guy at the door so that same thing wouldn't happen to me. Heat gun is a must. Kip includes instructions that tell you everything you need to know. Once the receiver and factory tube get hot enough (approx 250 degrees) it will twist off easily. You would really mess up the gun if you try and muscle off.

Heat gun is mandatory. Too much mechanical leverage will twist the receiver. So go get a heat gun for your wife to wrap up too. Oh, and snap ring pliers too.

Actually it's not. ;)

I took my M4 apart on Sat. and sprayed a little penetrating oil, to be more precise I used "Duralube" spray can oil, stood the receiver upright and sprayed some where the factory tube meets the receiver so that of course the oil would work it's way into the threads. I let it set the rest of the weekend in the safe with full intentions of going to get a heat gun today to remove the factory tube.

Before setting out on my quest to the land of Harbor Freight...I decided to try taking the tube off just using gloves and putting it between my legs and guess what.... it broke loose with just a little pressure. :D The oil did it's job and I saved a few bucks (at least until I need a heat gun in the future). I cleaned all the old loctite out, put a little drop of blue loctite on the new tube and installed it.

Hat's off the KIP and his Ti tubes. This sucker looks great and I can't wait to get to the range!

Received my carrierComp Titanium Full Tube. The quality is outstanding, and the finish was a perfect match to the barrel.

I was expecting the installation to be a lot more difficult than it actually was. After breaking down the gun, I grabbed some bicycle rubber inner tubing, slid it onto the OEM mag tube. I clamped down my heat gun to a table and turned it on at the low setting. Holding the receiver in front of the heat gun I slowly rotated the receiver in front of the heat right where the magazine tube and receiver were connected. Once the receiver was hot enough I held the receiver in one hand, the magazine tube in the other, and twisted them in opposite directions slowly. The OEM tube came off pretty painlessly. The bicycle inner tubing helped a lot with gripping the OEM tube.

Kip is truly awesome to deal with.

• 3 weeks later...

Kip, I too say…THANK YOU! Awesome job, color and finish. I just received my carriercomp Full Length Ti Tubes about 1 ½ hours ago. Just as you guys have been describing it, identical in color and easy installation. I stripped the M4 down to the remains of receiver and recoil spring tube. Placed the receiver upside down on my rifle bench (no vise necessary), took the heat gun, (Makita dial set on 4 and high) concentrating the majority of the heat where the mag tube screws into the receiver and every now and then I threw some heat down the inside the receiver toward the mag tube, all of about 3 minutes total. Once it started smoking I left the heat on for about one additional minute longer, then put my work gloves on, grabbed receiver in left hand and tube in right, then twisted the mag tube right off. Sweet!

While it was still warm, I brushed the remaining green brittle Locktite off. Took a dental tool to pick off a few leftovers areas, hit it again with the old toothbrush & CLP, looks brand new. Screwed on Kips bad a$$ Ti Tube (no Loctite added) and reassembled it. One tube was a little tight, but fit very well. It took me about an hour from disassembly to assembly. NICE! I then moved to my second M4 and it went just as smooth.

Thanks guys for all your input, you made this an easy project for me.

I'll send a couple of pic's, here's one.

picture.php?albumid=149&pictureid=622