Carrier Comp Extended Ti Mag Tube

FrankieBgood

I just received my Titanium Mag tube from Kip At Carrier Comp, and wanted to say Thank You to Kip. Kip's products are worth the wait IMHO. I can't wait for his handle to come out.

any news on the carriercomp tactical charging handle? i stumbled into a picture of a prototype the other day, but now i can't find it. if someone has the picture please post it :) thanks!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From posts here and the carriercomp website the factory tube just unscrews. Don't think you can handle that? :D

Notes also specify you need to heat the receiver in that area to break the LockTite. Heat gun is $15 at Ace Hardware.

Read the posts, I'd not hesitate to do it.

-- Chuck

Benelli M4 Full Length Magazine Tube Installation

Quick & Easy Installation Instructions

1. Ensure the work area is well ventilated and free of flammables, explosives and smoke alarms.

2. Review M4 disassembly instructions and refer to the spare parts list prior to field stripping the weapon.

3. Field strip the weapon down to the remains of the empty Magazine Tube (no spring or follower), Forearm Retaining Band, Receiver, Shell Stop, and Recoil Tube.

4. Place the Receiver on a non-combustible working surface like a rifle bench, with the Magazine Tube over the edge, Recoil Tube over the opposite end.

5. Set heat gun on 4, on high and aim the heat gun (e.g. Makita HG1100) to the region where the Magazine Tube is threaded into the receiver. While heating, maneuver heat a couple of times inside receiver, aiming heat toward the Magazine Tube and Receiver threaded area.

6. The adhesive compound should start to smoke (between 3-5 minutes, depending upon the temperature), indicating loss of adhesive properties. Once it starts smoking, heat for an additional minute.

7. Next, wearing a pair of work gloves (provides protection and grip), grab Receiver in one hand and Magazine Tube in the other hand, then twist off the Magazine Tube (counter-clockwise when facing the barrel).

8. If the magazine tube fails to budge at this point, apply additional heat around the threaded region.

9. If needed, add additional heat on the threaded area, and proceed to unscrew the Magazine Tube until off. A back and forth twisting motion may help to loosen the Magazine Tube.

10. Remove the Magazine Tube and Forearm Retaining Band. Allow to slightly cool before removing and sliding the Forearm Retaining Band from the Magazine Tube.

11. The remaining adhesive on the threads of the receiver will become brittle and flake as it cools. You may pick the Loctite remnants off with a dental tool or pick.

12. Cleanse the threaded area of the receiver, Forearm Retaining Band and threaded area of the Full-length Magazine tube with a brush and solvent or acetone.

13. Carefully thread the new Full-length Magazine Tube into the Receiver, examining the assembly for proper fit and/or obstructions within the threads.

14. If a proper fit is achieved, unthread the Full-length Magazine Tube; slide the Forearm Retaining Band over the Full-length Magazine Tube. Make sure the prongs on the Forearm Retaining Band fit into the notches of the Receiver, prior to screwing Full–length Magazine Tube tightly into the Receiver.

16. You may opt to use a threadlocking compound (e.g. Loctite 271) on the threads. It is not needed, due to the Magazine Cap secures the Magazine Tube. If Loctite is used, allow the compound to fully cure before use of the weapon.

17. Enjoy your newly assembled Full-length Magazine Tube.

Tools Needed:

Snap Ring Pliers, Rifle Bench Rest (Bricks wrapped with towels if you don't have anything else), Heat Gun, Work Gloves, dental pick, small brass brush or old tooth brush, Hoppes 9 or Acetone. Loctite 271 if you wish.

Enjoy!

Yipee, got mine (barrel) today and I have got the day off tomorrow. I know what I am going to be doing tomorrow! Just need one more 922r part and then I can put my C stock on!

What all are you replacing? I want to do the cstock as well. Getting the mag tube, foreend, follower but don't know what other part I can replace easily.

Which of these parts is going to be the easiest to replace?

I haven’t disassembled this yet, but by looking it over I would say the Hammer has ten parts to remove…

1. Trigger Guard Pin Spring

2. Breech Bolt Latch

3. Carrier Spring

4. Carrier Plunger

5. Carrier

6. Trigger Pin Bushing

7. Shell Release Lever8.

8. Shell Release Lever Spring

9. Hammer Spring Cap

10. Hammer Spring

On the Disconnect, you need to remove seven

1. Two Trigger Pins

2. Shell Release Lever Spring

3. Trigger

4. Trigger Spring

5. Disconnect Plunger

6. Disconnect Spring

7. Disconnector Pin

Personally, I would say the Disconnect.

Your project should go pretty smooth Zerooption, and welcome aboard to the same ship. "Waiting on Parts" :-)

Smooth as glass it took me less than a half hour to do the job! A 12.99 heat gun from Harbor Freight and a little bit of elbow grease. Thanks KIP for a wonderful work of ART, I can't wait for the other offerings!!!!:D

Edited by zerooption
splleing :)

• 2 weeks later...

Received my Ti Tube from carrier Comp w/ spring. Very nice.

Question - What are the other parts that came w/ the tube & spring? Hard to describe but a black plastic round part about 1" long (is this the follower?) and a very small silver part??? How would they install, couldn't find anything in the instructions, etc. Thanks.

Edited by STRADALE