Need SBE parts referral

Quetico

Hi Y'all. I'd like to add a camo shot barrel (24" or 26"?) to my SBE sluggun. I know about the forend change required, and I'd like to know where I can buy a new barrel and forend cheaper than full MSRP, which is ridiculous. Anybody know of a reputable Benelli parts dealer who will sell below MSRP? One more thing: Benelli makes a 24" turkey barrel for the SBE which is drilled and tapped, but my dealer says Benelli won't ship them any more. He says they will only take orders for their standard 24" shot barrel, which is not drilled and tapped. What the heck is THAT all about?Thanks.

GFL.

I have never been able to find a stock barrel for less than MSRP from any Benelli authorized source.

BTW - I bought a new SBE matte barrel for $325 in a private sale for my new SBE slug gun - the slug forearm fits fine with the standard barrell - no rattle. Don't know what that is about?

mudhen - CA

Originally posted by mudhen:

GFL.

I have never been able to find a stock barrel for less than MSRP from any Benelli authorized source.

BTW - I bought a new SBE matte barrel for $325 in a private sale for my new SBE slug gun - the slug forearm fits fine with the standard barrell - no rattle. Don't know what that is about?

mudhen - CA

Mudhen:

You can use a slugbarrel forend on a shotbarrel, but the shotbarrel forend won't fit on a slugbarrel because the slugbarrel is a slightly larger (beefier) barrel. The only disadvantage to using the slugbarrel forend on a shot barrel is the somewhat looser fit on the smaller diameter barrel, and brush and/or debris may get into the small gap around the smaller diameter barrel. So I am told.

Thanks for your reply...Quetico

How about the rest of you...can anybody else help me out here?