comfort tech

haywoodhonkerhunter

has anyone had a issue with the comfort tech when it gets wet it swells and gets soft and it flakes off easily

Are you talking about the recoil pad or the comb?

Water has never affected my recoil pad, but the comb is another issue. Water or oil hit mine and deformed it a little (still don't exactly what caused it). Benelli sent me another one.

Me and a buddy both bought brand new SBEII's this year, and last week we were hunting in the rain, and when we got home we both noticed how it was all wrinkly looking, after a day it went away, we thought it was just normal since both our guns did it...keep us posted if there is some kind of recall or replacement for it. Thanks

Um, yeah, exactly why I`m here.

The top is showing wear from being in my gun rack in my truck.

It is also flaking, and the holes in the sides of the comb are proving to be nice entry points for water when wading or hunting in the snow.

I didn`t like it when I bought it and now I really don`t!

Nice gimmic....maybe on a trap gun...don`t need/want it on a duck/goose gun.

Also, while I`m on it it sticks to my coat when I slide it up to my shoulder just prior to popping out of my layout....just like I knew it would :(

Anybody know where to get a NON!-Comfortech Max 4 stock for a SBE II?

Ya know, I was looking at it in the rack today and it doesn`t even touch the black part on top it sits just behind the receiver at the narrow part of the grip so I have no logical explanation for why it shows so much wear after one season :(

American series..........does that one shoot two feet high too?

Good thing it goes boom boom boom everytime I pull the trigger.

Now if I can just remember to keep my head down cheek on the stock

14 Jan. 11

20 years ago I worked in a consulting lab and tested the water resistance of a urethane rubber. At room temperature and in boiling water it was excellent. No weight gain, no softening, no change in shape. The guy I was doing the testing for asked me to do it in ice water. I'd never heard of testing in ice water and asked why. He said I should just trust him. I re-tested and within hours, the polymer swelled to almost twice its original size. It became quite soft. Obviously my client had seen this before but I hadn't.

I'd assume the design folks at Benelli tested the elastomer in that comfort tech stock over the entire temperature spectrum. It could be a fluke or poor quality control. I'd sure a heck contact Benelli.

DumbDuck

• 2 weeks later...
Hello butt pad made by Firestone!!

Butt, butt, butt it says "Benelli" on it!

and it pops right into the stock! and I`m sure it`s not going to pop right out when I`m busting tules chasin wild roosters! :rolleyes: and it doesn`t have that nice hard ridge that hits me in the collarbone everytime I touch off a 3 1/2"

I`ll try to get used to shooting without the "offset" the Gel Pad that has been in the case since I tried shooting it has, I can only hope I`ll be ok.

But seriously, I kind of like the way it mounts up to my shoulder. I`m going to try a few rounds with it on before I SCREW my Limbsaver back in.

Butt, butt, butt it says "Benelli" on it!

and it pops right into the stock! and I`m sure it`s not going to pop right out when I`m busting tules chasin wild roosters! :rolleyes: and it doesn`t have that nice hard ridge that hits me in the collarbone everytime I touch off a 3 1/2"

I`ll try to get used to shooting without the "offset" the Gel Pad that has been in the case since I tried shooting it has, I can only hope I`ll be ok.

But seriously, I kind of like the way it mounts up to my shoulder. I`m going to try a few rounds with it on before I SCREW my Limbsaver back in.

It's a $.50 pad at best. Hard as a rock. Real shame Benelli won't put a better pad on that non-CT stock.

Maybe my CT stuff will fail someday. Maybe if I hunted as hard as you, my stuff would fail :D