MR1 in 7.62/.308???

mudpie

Does anyone know if the MR1 will be available in a 7.62 NATO or .308???

I think it's fair to say that there will never be a larger caliber MR1. It lived as the failure known as a Beretta RX4 for years before being branded a Benelli and there is no Rx4 in that caliber. To be 100% honest after owning/shooting several MR1's I don't see a .308 doing well. When the .223 gets hot enough to brand a steer I can't imagine a .308.

Isn't the MR1/Rx4 Storm similar to the Benelli R1 (similar controls and ARGO operation)? I think there are more similiarities between the two rifles than just the name. While there are certainly differences (detachable magazine versus fixed magazine immediately comes to mind) I think they could rightfully be considered from the same "family" of rifles.

I think it's fair to say that there will never be a larger caliber MR1. It lived as the failure known as a Beretta RX4 for years before being branded a Benelli and there is no Rx4 in that caliber. To be 100% honest after owning/shooting several MR1's I don't see a .308 doing well. When the .223 gets hot enough to brand a steer I can't imagine a .308.

Agreed re: hot enough to brand a steer ...

Can anyone recommend an aftermarket shroud ?

I happen to like my MR1 in .223 as is. If you want larger calibers, go with a standard AR frame ... but non-Benelli :(

I do wish I could fit a telescoping stock on it. I've seen pictures, but I can't get an answer on where to get one. It doesn't look like the M4 stock, but if that would work, I'd probably give it a try.

I do wish I could fit a telescoping stock on it. I've seen pictures, but I can't get an answer on where to get one. It doesn't look like the M4 stock, but if that would work, I'd probably give it a try.

I think the Super Nova collapsible stock is the same as the one designed for the Baretta Rx4. I don't know if the fittings are different though, so I'm not sure you'd be able to install one easily even if you had one.