M4 reassembly -- what am I missing?

kvincent

I installed the GG&G bolt release with no drama using a roll pin punch (and the tooth pick trick), but I cannot get the bolt back into the receiver! I can see where it should go into the recoil spring tube, but the cocked hammer won't let it go past! Surely there is a simple technique that I don't about? Can anyone help?

Kerry

When you installed the new bolt release, you inserted the roll pin too far into the receiver, and the bolt carrier is getting stuck on it.

Take a flashlight and look inside the receiver at the rail where the roll pin goes. You will see where it is sticking out. Simply punch the pin back down from the top a couple millimeters below the rail and you will be good to go.

When you installed the new bolt release, you inserted the roll pin too far into the receiver, and the bolt carrier is getting stuck on it.

Take a flashlight and look inside the receiver at the rail where the roll pin goes. You will see where it is sticking out. Simply punch the pin back down from the top a couple millimeters below the rail and you will be good to go.

This is the answer.