Benelli Nova Help

Nova Guy

If you own a Nova would you lend me some help?

Ok, you know that plastic rod in the magazine that limits the magazine capacity to 2 shells? Well I need some detailed info on how to take out the rod so I can have a larger magazine capacity. The manuel isn't very helpful, I need some steps in plain English. Althogh the steps can be found on pg.22 don't understand the terms it lists. Pics, videos, etc.

Please help!

[ 04-24-2004, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Nova Guy ]

This is how I do it. Take a flat bladed screw driver, work around the end after taking off cap, and slowly (pry is the best word to describe it) working all the way around. Caution have a hand over the cap because it will shoot out under pressure of spring if you just pop it out, and then to get it back in, you simply squeeze and slide it in.

I use the Benelli choke tube wrench, too. Stick one of the ears into the center hole of the plug and pull. I have a dickens of a time getting the cap back in though.

The plastic rod is generally called a "plug" as in waterfowling, most regs state that a gun must be "plugged."

The "ring" that holds the magazine plug and spring in place is called a snap ring and it can easily be removed with a pair of snap ring pliers available at Sears or most automotive supply houses. The pliers do the job without damaging anything and also allow you to replace the snap ring after you've removed the plug.

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by HerbG:

The "ring" that holds the magazine plug and spring in place is called a snap ring and it can easily be removed with a pair of snap ring pliers available at Sears or most automotive supply houses. The pliers do the job without damaging anything and also allow you to replace the snap ring after you've removed the plug.

thanks for informing us of where to get pliers! great.gif