Steadygrip for duck hunting?

johnspies

Shooting flying birds is much easier to do with coventional stocks as they are better designed to perform that way. Pistol grip stocks are moreso designed for guns with sights or scope on a fixed target as is your military weapons.

One thing for sure is where I'm from, I would get weird looks showing-up on a duck hunt with a pistol grip stock:rolleyes:

And I suspect you to experience the same:o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
INSULATED HUNTING GLOVES

The unique PVC formulation allows our insulated gloves to stay flexible in cold temperatures as low as -4F. The warm acrylic liner is both seamless and napped. This combination produces the most comfortable insulated gloves in the world. The rough grip ensures steady grip in the harshest of conditions. Great gloves for setting and retrieving decoys. Will keep your hands toasty warm while hunting waterfowl on those cold days. The Atlas® 460 is double dipped, and the most flexible, whereas the triple dipped blue 490 has increased durability and oil resistance. Both gloves come with the option of a removable liner for ease in laundering and drying. The 495 gloves come with removable liner. Can easily remove gloves if needed to have quick access to objects.

What does that have to do with a steady grip for Duck Hunting? The OP was refferring to a steady grip butt stock, not gloves.:o

Yeah I wouldn't recommend it, because I find myself sometimes in wierd positions when im pulling up on ducks.

I will say though that my buddy and I went through a box of clays with his Benelli M3 (with the folding stock and a pistol grip) and it was a freakin blast! He has the M16 style open sights on it, which made it a little tough finding the target in the air, but after I shot, the target looked as if I shot it with my Franchi I-12...Nothin But Smoke :D

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I should have quoted it because it was a different one than that one. :)

It read like a badly dubbed Kung Fu film with him talking of how "goodly he like" to hunt with a pistol grip stock. Then a link to whatever they were selling at the bottom.

I find myself sometimes in wierd positions when im pulling up on ducks.....:)

That should not be the case if you are inside a blind or in a stationary position (i.e., you are not “jump shooting”). If you do find yourself straining to achieve proper sighting/alignment, try determining swing planes in advance.

Actually, “I find myself sometimes in wierd positions when im pulling up on ducks.....”, can be very dangerous when inside a blind with its tight confinements. You do not want to be doing any weird positions in this circumstance.

--Spike

Moderators,

Is there a way to quickly eliminate sandy1110 participating here? She is posting junk.

--Spike

EDIT: Wow! That was fast. My thanks to the Mods.

Edited by Spike100
To thank the forum moderators.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Pistol grip stocks are moreso designed for guns with sights or scope on a fixed target as is your military weapons.

Did you just copy pasted my post?:rolleyes: I wrote exact word for word on page 1 of this thread.:rolleyes:

Is there an echo in here?

Edited by jonesbb630

I'd say forget about looks, and worry about comfort. If you're used to it and are successful, do it. Everybody's awkward looks will diminish when they tally the ducks.

I have a MAX-4 pistol grip for sale that fits a SBE2/M2/SuperNova, check it out on the turkey hunting forum and let me know if you're interested.

Good Luck