GG&G bolt release pad

Diabolus

I'd heard about the GG&G slicing up your knuckle as you pull the bolt back. Any comment on the ergonomics of it, how well does it function and not chew up your hand.

Mind you this was only one comment. So I'd like to get others opinions.

Thanks!

In my view, this is mod is MORE important that the larger charging handle and the mag. tube extension/replacement tube. I consider the standard button to be a design FLAW. Even the Benelli Performance shop replaces this button with a Briley release pad in the SuperSport model they tune up.

Personally, I don't see how slicing up your knuckle would be a major concern. Certainly no greater risk than skinning a knuckle on the button release. What I find to be better with this mod is the ease of dropping the bolt. Less fishing around for it and less chance of being smacked with the bolt handle going forward as you have more "real estate" to manipulate it without interference. If Benelli was smart, this pad would be a mod in 2012 production guns.

GLT_9219.jpg

Edited by BigHat

I'd heard about the GG&G slicing up your knuckle as you pull the bolt back. Any comment on the ergonomics of it, how well does it function and not chew up your hand.

Thanks!

i went through a training session last month, and we did a lot of shooting drills (different loads, different positions, rapid fire, malfunction drills, etc.). i wasn't wearing gloves for the first few hours (shot about 300 rounds during that period) and the GG&G bolt release worked flawlessly. nothing negative about it whatsoever. best mod i've made to my M4. but it still bugs me that it costs so much!!! regardless, it's worth it.

side note. the M4 barrel gets very hot so i'd definitely recommend that you wear gloves if you know you'll be doing a lot of shooting.

Thanks!

Hmm,

Lost my post when I went to attach a picture of the Benelli Performance Shop mod on the SuperSport that replaces the bolt release button with a Briley pad. http://www.benelliusa.com/performance_shop/benelli_performance_shop_supersport.php

I don't think slicing your knuckle is easy to do on the GG&G. Certainly no more risky than the button. I personally consider the "button" a design flaw and Benelli should incorporate a pad design like this mod into factory production as soon as possible. I find it to be the most useful mod. More so than the bolt handle or even mag, tube mods.

i went through a training session last month, and we did a lot of shooting drills (different loads, different positions, rapid fire, malfunction drills, etc.). i wasn't wearing gloves for the first few hours (shot about 300 rounds during that period) and the GG&G bolt release worked flawlessly. nothing negative about it whatsoever. best mod i've made to my M4. but it still bugs me that it costs so much!!! regardless, it's worth it.

side note. the M4 barrel gets very hot so i'd definitely recommend that you wear gloves if you know you'll be doing a lot of shooting.

i think he was referring to the GGandG bolt handle ? I am ordering a Carrier comp bolt handle today.

i think he was referring to the GGandG bolt handle ? I am ordering a Carrier comp bolt handle today.

Not sure I agree. See "slicing the knuckle as you pull the bolt back" above.

For some reason my post on this thread got dropped. Really said nothing inflammatory. Just said, I thought this mod the most important mod around for this gun. In my view, more than any mag tube, bolt handle, or rail accessory.

I put a link in the post that showed the Briley large bolt release on the Performance Shop SuperSport model. Could that lead to a post being pulled? Not sure. I finished by saying I hoped Benelli incorporated this mod in future production.

mine is too, kip just charged my cc, does that mean he's shipping soon?

LOL

My neighbor purchased the magazine from Kip and asked me the same question. I said, welcome too the club, "only the shadow knows and he isn't talking!"

Edited by crofton

I was referring to the knuckle. Thanks for clarifying the info everyone.

I wish that briley fit the M4. GG&G it is in a few paychecks.

Hmmm... if you read correctly on the briley site you have to drill and tap your stock release lever and your done any briley WILL work on the M4