SBE2 SLUG BARREL

mikeh

SBE2 SLUG BARREL  

3 members have voted

1. 1. SBE2 SLUG BARREL

I HAVE THE SBE2 WITH THE SMOOTH BORE. I JUST PURCHASED THE FULLY RIFLED BARREL (12ga) AND NOW FOUND OUT THAT I MUST PURCHASE A NEW FOREARM FOR THIS BARREL,, TRUE?? SOMEONE SAID I CAN MODIFY THE ORIGINAL FOREARM AND STILL USE IT FOR BOTH BARRELS? ALSO, THE SLUG BARREL IS FROM A SBE. ANY THING I SHOULD KNOW WHEN INSTALLING IT TO THE SBE2?? THGANKS

Poll :confused:

The slug forearm is logically designed to fit the larger slug barrel.

The slug forearm works fine on my regular SBE barrel with no excess play.

I bought the slug gun on purpose and just bought an extra regular barrel on the Internet, so no need for a modified forearm for me smile.gif

I'm sure with enough grinding, a slug forearm can be made to fit the slug barrel, but it's your own personal call to grind away at a perfectly good forearm.

mudhen - CA

From an old 2005 post:

" MegaSports (ph:815-439-4867) in Plainfield, IL (http://www.megasportsfirearms.com) had 2 OEM Benelli rifled slug barrels w/adj iron sights and drilled/tapped. I bought one for around $449.99, matte black, for my SBEII about a week ago so there may be one left.

NOTE: web site won't show availability, you will need to call them. If you do call, make sure you talk to Mike (only 1 there) he knows where they had them stashed, is the guy that sold me mine, and who will know if they have 1 still available.

[ 12-01-2005, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: LawForUSA

" W/such good experience w/SBE II I wanted to expand to include turkey & deer hunting as well. Shortly thereafter found and bought a new an OEM Benelli "criobarrel" rifled slug barrel at a local gun shop for $440.00 and also bought the OEM "special" benelli fore end thought to be required. An hour later, installing the slug barrel at home I immediately learned that the slug barrel I bought (Benelli on the box sku#650335080109)w/fit both SBE I & SBE II but that my SBE II (and I suppose other SBE II's) DID NOT require the "special" additional fore end nor did the fore end that came w/my SBEII require any modification to fit w/the slug barrel. Both slug and shot barrels interchange quickly, easily, seamlessly w/one (the stock SBEII) fore end. Returned the special fore end to local gun shop where purchased w/no problems. It is my understanding (but not experience) that the extra fore end is required in order to properly fit the slug barrel to an SBE I that was originally purchased w/shot barrel.

posted 12-01-2005 06:56 PM12-01-2005 06:56 PM

Can anyone shed more light as to why Benelli switched suppliers for thier slug barrels and IF they are tying to use the same supplier that Stoeger is trying to use. I no longer have my Stoeger, but when I did, their CS department told me that the slug barrel supplier was having quality problems and didn't knwo when their barrels would be available either.

I Bought My Slug Barrel(cryo) From Ebay. The Company That Sold It Ti Me Was D&r From Pennsylvania. I Called Up And Asked If They Still Had It And The Replied That They Had 2.cost Was $ 399.00, Cheapest I've Seen. Recieved The Barrel 2 Days Later( I'm In New Jersey) And As Expected , It Was Perfect And New. You Might Wana Call Them ( Look On Ebay For #) And See If They Still Have One Left. I Purchased The Front Forearm From Brownells