SBEII Must Read

mtfautoshot

Benelli has corrected all of the problems I had with this shotgun at "their" expense. I am happy and sorry to have hit them with the harsh commentary in the original post. I stand corrected regarding this company, they are absolutely customer oriented and sincerely concerned about their customers concerns.

Edited by mtfautoshot

The forums are hosted compliments of Benelli USA to post questions and comments.

THE FORUMS ARE NOT A CONDUIT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE. ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE VIA PHONE OR EMAIL (301-283-6981). DO NOT POST CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS IN THE FORUMS.

Inappropriate language and photos will not be tolerated and those posts will be removed.

I'm sure Benelli and Briley are still laughing at your email/letter if this is not a joke....I'll play along anyway.

Solution:

1. Use reading glasses or look at the notches for the chokes (that's what I do); you could color code them yourself (use sharpe); sell them to someone who can read them.

2. Regarding Gel pad, trade someone for a Limbsaver or just buy one. That's what about 50% of the people do. But, I assure you that will not affect the recoil very much.

3. Regarding recoil, you are going to just have to man up or sell the gun. The gun is made to shoot the largest shell. You could buy one of those cute little pads for your shoulder. I got my wife one and she seems to like it; you could trade it for 410 or 20 gauge.

But seriously.....did you research the gun before you bought it? Did you read any threads about the gun? Have you shot much? What kind of hunting/shooting you going to do with the gun? If you bought this gun to target practice, then you are going to have problems. It's a duck gun and made to shoot such. Try it while actually hunting and you will not notice the recoil as much.

Thanks, no I have very little experience with a shotgun. I will get the limbsaver and let you know. The perment marker actually worked great! Thanks for the idea. As for the other comentary, well perhaps it was well deserved but I was being sincere and thought that I would get more sincere responses, although I thankyou for 80% of yours. Sincerely

Thank you for your reply but the ones that come with the gun have no such markings. They are etched very faintly on the side but with no ink or color of any kind. If you see a later post, someone suggested using perm majic marker and it actually worked well. However, it really could have been marked clearer. Thanks for your reply though.

Thanks, no I have very little experience with a shotgun. I will get the limbsaver and let you know. The perment marker actually worked great! Thanks for the idea. As for the other comentary, well perhaps it was well deserved but I was being sincere and thought that I would get more sincere responses, although I thankyou for 80% of yours. Sincerely

Sorry if I can across as a smart A......you will have to re-mark the chokes after you clean them. The gun oil will remove the Sharpe marks. Limbsavers should cost around $40 for that gun. Make sure you tell them it's for a CT stock so you will get the adapter plate that goes inside the stock.

As far as gun experience. The SBE is probably not the best gun to start with if you have no experience. Some, I have heard, will not cycle light loads well. Although mine will cycle anything I put in it so do not. Don't give up....you have all the gun you'll ever need. When you hunt and/or shoot clay, you will not notice the recoil as much. However, if you are out pattern testing or just shooting cans, you will notice recoil much, much more. Good luck. jed

Nice responses considering the thought it took to compose the post to begin with. Too bad for the consumer that you feel necessary to diminish another's concerns in this manor. As for the jerk who insinuated that I voted for change, you can keep yours since you probably didn't even vote at all. This is in fact the "opinion" section of the forum so try to be mature and please do not provide useless comentary or insults when posting your reply. Others may be interested in this data in order to formulate their own opinion when considering a purchase.

You should probably follow your own advice and "try to be mature(childish name calling) and please do not provide useless comentary".

...sorry if I offended you...Your rants just resemble that of an unhappy "liberal" and you probably could have saved yourself a lot of grief by not jumping ahead of the horse and sending such nasty letters to both Benelli and Briley without at least an honest attempt to resolve the issue with their customer service departments and then posting your hasty resolve for all to read.

If you go into a situation looking for a fight you'll probably get a fight...if you go in looking for a resolution, you'll probably get that too...:rolleyes:

My pappy always said to make sure you have your ducks all in a neat little row before you shoot them...seems you could use some sound advice like that...

Edited by hattles

Charlton, you either can't read or your in denial. Your comment is unfitting considering the nature of the post. Perhaps you work for Benelli but if you don't agree with the content of my post then perhaps you have something meaningful to post that could be helpful to everyone. I am trying to provide thoughtful and meaningful data to those who would consider this shotgun as a possible purchase. If all you can do is shout meaningless nonsense then please find anohter thread for your foolishness. Perhaps you have a different opinion? Then why don't you express your thoughts since this is how it works here. We do not tell each other to go away merely because we don't like what the other is saying. So, anything?

it's a forum rule, so I guess you can't read, we don't need to hear your support problem, you edited your first post when you saw how foolish you looked, and that it broke the main rule here in bold type top of page. Frankly why anyone helped you is beyond me, you even admit your experience is lacking yet you gab away in one of the most respected shotgun manufactures forums, with really no background our basis to even apply your, ignorant opinions. Oh by the way the barrel points away from your mouth.

Tucker301, thankyou for contributing but considering your moniker regarding your Uncke Jack and the horse, I would say your definitely not qualified to comment on any thing I say. Please stcik with the other 5th graders and let the adults speak here. Good boy!

Your responses mirror that of the liberals that I have crossed on some political blogs. You ranted rather incessantely and then have the nerve to decide who's qualified to comment. ILMAO!:p

FYI...try to spell check next time...

Edited by hattles