SBEII Must Read

mtfautoshot

Thanks,jed1894! I appreciate your response. Actually, Benelli contacted me and offered to provide me with a different recoil pad and also provide me with marked choke tube containers and all for "no charge". I was really surprised that they would do such a thing. Additionally they gave me some very good information on adjusting the gun for a better fit and even more information on loads etc. And... they agree with you, the gun will eventually take very light loads once broken in well. I can't wait to get this thing just the way I want it so thanks for your advice to stay with it. Everybody else just wants to bash me for aparrently being sensitive to the whole issue of recoil. Well, perhaps it seems a bit whimpy as the two other posts above would imply, but then why would there be an entire industry built around solving the recoil problem if it was not a common problem. The guy above this post keeps insinuating that I am not a man but plenty of men are looking to reduce recoil as much as pratical. Why take more punishment than is necessary? it seems rather Neanderthal to accept more recoil than necessary in a sport that I would like to continue well into the twilight of my life. So, thanks again for your kind and thoughtful responses. Sincerely.

hattles, your right! it was a bit of a rant wasn't it. I guess my inexperience with shotguns really shined through on that and I have since toned down the original post since Benelli was so decent to me when they called. I'm going to stick with this thing and do the things that Benelli suggested. I really kind of got into this whole shotgun thing kind of late in life so I reallyt do not know some of the things that may be obvious to all of you whom have had exposure to guns all of your lives. But I'm trying... thanks for your patience. Sincerely

Tucker, I thank you for the use of your "moniker" today! It is really very funny when you think about it. I got some great laughs at the office today so thanks for that much anyway. By the way, I have maned-up on the Benelli and will keep it. I hope that I can develop the shoulder you have soon so that I can continue to shoot this thing for a long while. Sorry if I was too defensive in my earlier reponses, I di dnot mean to insult for just kidding around with me.

it's a forum rule, so I guess you can't read, we don't need to hear your support problem, you edited your first post when you saw how foolish you looked, and that it broke the main rule here in bold type top of page. Frankly why anyone helped you is beyond me, you even admit your experience is lacking yet you gab away in one of the most respected shotgun manufactures forums, with really no background our basis to even apply your, ignorant opinions. Oh by the way the barrel points away from your mouth.

OK, I was suprised and embarrassed that Benelli was so absolutely concerned about the problem when they called me back. They are paying for all of the fixes and I am greatful. So, although I am "not" a liberal, I feel like I should be one right now. Sorry about the rant. And... thank you Benelli.

OK, I was suprised and embarrassed that Benelli was so absolutely concerned about the problem when they called me back. They are paying for all of the fixes and I am greatful. So, although I am "not" a liberal, I feel like I should be one right now. Sorry about the rant. And... thank you Benelli.

All is forgiven and glad things worked to your satisfaction...good luck with your Benelli SBEII...It should last a lifetime.