922(r) compliance...Affordable and Simple

Guest cleefurd

Guest cleefurd

It's right around the corner.

Even if you have a factory C-Stock equipped Benelli M4, with any domestic 7rd magazine tube already installed, you are less than $85 away from 922® compliance.

There are many ways to legally skin this cat, none of which should be expensive... the cat could care less as long as it's over and done.

Some premium 922® items are justified. We ordered two (2) Urbino stocks for a few of our M4's which already met with 922® compliance. Those two M4's run optics, and are deployed by individuals whose LOP needs vary. The Urbino stock was essential to that end, well thought out and 922® compliant. Win/win !!

How do our factory C-Stock equipped M4's comply....?

...with;

• US Made Disconnectors
  • US Made Hammers
  • US Made Followers
  • US Made Magazine Tubes

The followers and mag tubes are essentially inert with regards to liability issues, but the disconnectors and hammers while easy to build correctly, required more legal prudence to develop.

"carriercomp" is awaiting finalization of "proofs" and "standardization" from independant engineers qualified to confirm that public safety will not be jeopardized by any QC'd trigger-group component "carriercomp" sells, when installed by a competent gunsmith within an un-tampered-with OEM Benelli M4's trigger group...

Meaning these trigger components will be;

• Safe
  • Affordable
  • True Drop-in fit
  • 922® compliance related
  • Built with Perfect precision.

"carriercomp" will be profiling these items in our "New Products" section as development and production are finalized, and will make them available on-line once sufficient inventory is on hand.

Edited by cleefurd

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic... Will these be in traditional Kip fashion and made from Ti? And my list on the gotta haves is getting longer and longer. Let's see, Ti bolt handle, follower, and now hammer and disconnect. Please for the love of God, tell me how much longer before I can sign away my life and empty my massive bank account for you Kip, please let me sign away, I can't take the pressure any more...;o)

Edited by Flascot007

Kip,

Your demeanor(well, at least the way you compose your written thoughts), your business savvy, your products and company are all absolutely, 110% TOP NOTCH!!

You are an enterprising American, productively practicing your 2nd Amendment rights and helping your fellow Americans do the same! Your products are second to NONE in my opinion.

One gets a "vibe" of some people on these forums. Some are boisterous a-holes, some babbling idiots, others just crank up their post counts. Your words of wisdom and your insight are always objective and from the heart. I truly believe that The USMC was lucky to have you in their service as are we for your ingenuity and wisdom!

Keep up the good work!! THANK YOU!!

2-wheel

Hi Kip,

I was waiting for my rebate before I order your mag tube w/follower. With these new 922r compliance parts, I might hold off and order them all at once (I too have a C-stock and would like to get them all onto my firearm at once to comply).

I am going to have the Surefire M80 as one of my compliant part, which means I will only need either the hammer or disconnect. Do you recommend using both parts in order to maintain reliability or will this be ok to order separately?

Thank you!

Guest cleefurd
Hi Kip,

I was waiting for my rebate before I order your mag tube w/follower. With these new 922r compliance parts, I might hold off and order them all at once (I too have a C-stock and would like to get them all onto my firearm at once to comply).

I am going to have the Surefire M80 as one of my compliant part, which means I will only need either the hammer or disconnect. Do you recommend using both parts in order to maintain reliability or will this be ok to order separately?

Thank you!

Great question !!

With your;

• US mag-tube,
  • US follower,
  • and Surefire,

...you would only need one of the trigger components for your C-Stock equipped M4 to be in compliance.

Yes we will offer them seperately, and recommend the hammer since it is far less likely that your disconnector has ever been modified. When considering this, pairing a QC'd hammer to an un-molested disconnector is the best route.

As a bonus, the hammer will be the least expensive of the two:).

Hope all that made sense.

Kip

Great question !!

With your;

• US mag-tube,
  • US follower,
  • and Surefire,

...you would only need one of the trigger components for your C-Stock equipped M4 to be in compliance.

Yes we will offer them seperately, and recommend the hammer since it is far less likely that your disconnector has ever been modified. When considering this, pairing a QC'd hammer to an un-molested disconnector is the best route.

As a bonus, the hammer will be the least expensive of the two:).

Hope all that made sense.

Kip

That makes perfect sense. I will wait as patiently as humanly possible :-)

Out of curiosity, you mention that my disconnect is the more likely to be unmolested. What kind of hammer mods have you seen?

Can someone school me on this a bit? I thought I had a decent understanding of 922R but perhaps not. With FFT coming out with a new "OEM type" forend, why would one want to mess with trigger/disconnector components?

I mean, if I have one of Kips tubes (which I do and love), a US follower, and a FFT forend when it comes out, am I not 922R compliant?

And/or are these trigger/disconnector components improvements over the factory components? Are there any weak links here that these new components are resolving?

And please understand, I am not putting down your (Kip's) products in any way. Your workmanship and reputation are nothing less than outstanding and I'm sure these parts will be the same high quality we are all used to. I'm just trying to understand why one would want to mess with these components when there seems to be a simpler solution...not that having options is a bad thing.

Peace and thanks for helping me understand. :)

Edit: In reading further...is the issue here the Collapseable stock? Does the C Stock somehow take the component count from 13 to 14 so you now have to replace 4 parts instead of 3 to get down to the magic "10" figure?

Edited by L84Cabo

Can someone school me on this a bit? I thought I had a decent understanding of 922R but perhaps not. With FFT coming out with a new "OEM type" forend, why would one want to mess with trigger/disconnector components?

I mean, if I have one of Kips tubes (which I do and love), a US follower, and a FFT forend when it comes out, am I not 922R compliant?

And/or are these trigger/disconnector components improvements over the factory components? Are there any weak links here that these new components are resolving?

And please understand, I am not putting down your (Kip's) products in any way. Your workmanship and reputation are nothing less than outstanding and I'm sure these parts will be the same high quality we are all used to. I'm just trying to understand why one would want to mess with these components when there seems to be a simpler solution...not that having options is a bad thing.

You are correct, you will be 922R compliant with a US follower, US mag tube, and the FFT forend IF you have the OEM Benelli Stock.

This thread and the new parts are for those that have the Benelli COLLAPSIBLE stock. With the Benelli C-stock you have 14 imported parts (the stock and pistol grip each get counted), rather than 13 parts, and need to change out 4 total parts.

I hope this helps, I was confused on the matter as well when I first started doing the research.

You are correct, you will be 922R compliant with a US follower, US mag tube, and the FFT forend IF you have the OEM Benelli Stock.

This thread and the new parts are for those that have the Benelli COLLAPSIBLE stock. With the Benelli C-stock you have 14 imported parts (the stock and pistol grip each get counted), rather than 13 parts, and need to change out 4 total parts.

I hope this helps, I was confused on the matter as well when I first started doing the research.

Argh! Wow...thank you! I can't tell you how many times I've read through 922R and missed that. Gun laws are so crazy sometimes.

Peace

Guest cleefurd
...why would one want to mess with trigger/disconnector components?

...are these trigger/disconnector components improvements over the factory components? Are there any weak links here that these new components are resolving?

The previous post accurately described the C-Stock's dillemma... when the stock can collapse, the PG becomes a 14th item. Hence the M1014's neutered recoil tube.

The foreseeable advantage to any of the trigger group components over any other avenue to 922® compliance, is economics. The scenario that unfolded above is an example of why "carriercomp" felt the option has merit, based on countless requests for a cost efficient solution. With his Surefire fore-end, all he requires to round out his requirement, is a $30 hammer

Any domestic forearm does count as well, and since the OEM forearms frequently need replacing (botched rail mod's, set to close to the camp-fire, etc...) many owners will welcome FFT's duplicate of the OEM part being replaced. They offer a good option.

With a hammer and/or disconnector, now anyone running a differing domestic forearm (Surefire, etc.), can achieve the same end w/o the absense of options, for a sensible price.

Edited by cleefurd

Glad to see these coming.

Kip, is there any way to address the trigger disconnect issue with the m4? When outshooting the shotgun, you can drop the hammer on the bolt carrier while it is still cycling once the shell elevator drops. You end up with a live round, hammer down condition.

My bandaid fix was to reduce the weight of the bcg by going to a lightweight charging handle and shooting hotter rounds.

Aside from being US made, would you consider your offering to be a superior part? Ie: better materials, machining, heat treatment and/or finish?

Also, have you started working on a disassembly guide of the trigger pack?

Are you going to SHOT this year, and do you have a booth?

Thx

Stev

What if you have a M1014 that doesn't collaps (just looks like it could)??

Does that mean my M1014 here in CA is out of compliance with the following:

Your Ti mag tube

Brownells follower

Surefire forearm

Thanks

Your Ti mag tube

Brownells follower

Surefire forearm

Thanks

So short answer, yes you are are out of compliance if those are the only parts you have with a Benelli C-stock(even if it does not collapse). You will need a total of 4 compliant parts if you have a "C-stock".

You kinda have to remember that with 922R it's not about function, but more with number of foreign parts. If your stock and pistol grip are 2 pieces then it is a 2 part count. If you have a fixed stock with a pistol grip as one piece, then it's a 1 part count.

Now with CA, a collapsible stock on any auto shotgun is no bueno (Born and raised CA so I'm not making this up). That is a state law, where 922R is a NFA (federal) law. That's why its confusing, you in CA have to comply with harsher state laws on top of federal laws.

Edited by edho2002

Guest cleefurd
...you mention that my disconnect is the more likely to be unmolested. What kind of hammer mods have you seen?

Modified engagement;

• Reduced contact with trigger
  • Modified geometry to reduce hammer's rearward travel during trigger pull

Both mod's are unnecessary and unsafe on a BM4

Guest cleefurd

Your Ti mag tube

Brownells follower

Surefire forearm

Thanks

The strictest interpretation would mean 4 US parts are required. The non-collapsible condition is why many were allowed in CA. CA law focuses on an M1014's function, so the part's count from their perspective is acceptible so long as function is appropriate to state law.